By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

5 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#06 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 2)
#14 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (same)
#63 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 7)
#306 XB1 Quantum Break SE Bundle (up 22)

SOFTWARE
#10 PS4 MLB The Show (same)
#16 PS4 MLB The Show MPV Edition (same)
#21 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (same)
#31 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (down 2)
#39 XB1 Quantum Break (up 2)
#64 PS4 No Man's Sky LE (down 3)
#66 WiiU Starfox Zero (up 3)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

It's funny that hardly any gamers (save for you guys here) ever mention the Show, even though that seems to always be one of the best selling exclusives of the year (seems to do about 300-400k every NPD its launch month) and looks like it is doing quite well again this year, according to Amazon. 

It gets ignored by gaming sites a lot as well.  Heck, even when game sites talk exclusives for systems it seems to fall between the cracks which I've thought was odd. I figured it wasn't popular or didn't sell well. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Ariakon said:

It's funny that hardly any gamers (save for you guys here) ever mention the Show, even though that seems to always be one of the best selling exclusives of the year (seems to do about 300-400k every NPD its launch month) and looks like it is doing quite well again this year, according to Amazon. 

I love The Show. It's hands down the best sports gaming frachise. It outshines the rest in gameplay, content, and asthetics. Also unlike all the other sports games, each year they actually feel like new games, not just the same game with an updated roster. I know it's just my opinion, but as far as i'm concerened my opinion is fact.

FIT_Gamer said:
Ariakon said:

I love The Show. It's hands down the best sports gaming frachise. It outshines the rest in gameplay, content, and asthetics. Also unlike all the other sports games, each year they actually feel like new games, not just the same game with an updated roster. I know it's just my opinion, but as far as i'm concerened my opinion is fact.

I agree with you. The show is the only sports game that i will blindly buy because I know the devs always try to make the game better.

FIT_Gamer said:
Ariakon said:

About the only sports games that i can play are the NHL series, and Hot Shots Golf. I'm anxiously awaiting for and hoping that a new Hot Shots Golf, is released this year.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:

About the only sports games that i can play are the NHL series, and Hot Shots Golf. I'm anxiously awaiting for and hoping that a new Hot Shots Golf, is released this year.

I'm not even a Hockey fan, but i use to love the NHL 2k games, up until 2K5. Then they became boring to me. 

RJ_Sizzle said:

I think it's time to address the elephant in the room. It seems like the newest XB1 price drop is a bust, and seems to be working against the console. I think it really comes down to MS just plain devaluing the brand. There are retailers already selling Xbox One under retail post price drop, and Gamestop has the $100 trade-in deal toward Xbox One already. Before too long, the console will be in dangerous range of its predecessor's current price.

I think the crap hit the fan when it looked like The Division wasn't going to do for Xbox what Destiny did for Playstation. Maybe all of Microsoft's promotions and giveaways have probably made the general gaming public suspicious to the longevity of the console. That's why I wonder if they'll bother with an upgraded X1, or just move on to a new type of hardware altogether.

The reason the division did nothing was because their bundle was 400$, and was virtually impossible to find. Absolutely garbage decisions Microsoft has made with marketing deals...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

BraLoD said:
So QB finally broke on the second page.

9 more days and its at #37th.

This is a good sign, its started to move up the ranks the last few days.

barneystinson69 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

The reason the division did nothing was because their bundle was 400$, and was virtually impossible to find. Absolutely garbage decisions Microsoft has made with marketing deals...

Yep not sure whos in charge of those choices & decisions, but they handled things really poorly imo.

6 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#07 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 1)
#15 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 1)
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 9)
#372 XB1 Quantum Break SE Bundle (down 66)

SOFTWARE

#10 PS4 MLB The Show (same)
#17 PS4 MLB The Show MPV Edition (down 1)
#22 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (down 1)
#33 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (down 2)
#38 XB1 Quantum Break (up 1)
#61 WiiU Starfox Zero (up 5)
#73 PS4 No Man's Sky LE (down 9)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
JRPGfan said:

Best selling XBox One bundle at #70.... ouch.

Wii U isnt even in the top100 anymore.

Playstation 4 is just running away with everything.

It's interesting that the gap as got wider as we approach the release of QB. Is that just a coincidence or has Sony's preorders of PSVR had some affect? Perhaps a lot of people who had disposable cash, and were thinking of buying an XB1, decided to hold off to find out more about VR. That would explain the steady sales of the PS4 and the odd decline of the XB1. For QB to have NO affect is strange enough but for it not to be able to hold off a decline in sales is not a good sign at all. Top that off with a price drop that's also in place at the moment. If MS can't find a way out of this then they'll be hitting WiiU like figures next year IMO.

Kind of thinking the Xbox One might have used up a lot of its console-moving mojo by now, though. (For the time being, that is.) ((As a disclaimer, by console-moving mojo I mean strategies to cause a sharp spike/increase in sales.))

At this point, I feel like many of the 'waves' of people who would have decided, en masse, to purchase a console due to a specific title will already have done so. Any groups left would probably be waiting for a bigger franchise, like Gears of War, or perhaps a more unusual franchise, like Scalebound. Ultimately, its wonderful visuals and interesting time mechanics aside, Quantum Break appears to pretty much be a third-person shooter, and there have already been plenty of excellent reasons for shooter fans to get an Xbox One before today, Sunset Overdrive being a prime example of a third person shooter with all sorts of interesting elements. Adding ANOTHER shooter, regardless of its specific elements or variants, probably won't move needles at this point unless there's a strong fanbase/element of hype behind it.

Meanwhile, I also feel that any groups that would have been spurred to purchase the console due to price drops or special deals would have probably already done so during one of the previous price drops or special deals. =P Of those remaining, there might be an expectation that if we're getting this kind of deal during March and April, then SURELY this holiday's deals will prove even more spectacular, so... why NOT wait?

If reviews for Quantum Break prove overwhelmingly positive, I think it might still have a positive impact on Xbox One sales; I just don't think it has enough hype to move consoles before it's even released.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.