By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The second one is true. The BBC DOES reckon that Sony has an amazing secret game in the works for 2009. In fact, one of the BBC's journalists wrote a report saying that he saw the game in action, but is not allowed to provide any real information concerning the game.

Or was I confused, and the rumor is concerning whether or not the game will actually be amazing?

Around the Network

Why would Sony hate it? MS would hate it because they already offer movies.

senatorpjt said:
Why would Sony hate it? MS would hate it because they already offer movies.

They are trying to push blu-ray not digital distribution.

Mass Effect 2 is a timed exclusive... it will be released on the PC a few months after the 360 version...

Sorry no PS3 versions

Microsoft gave publishing rights to EA for:

A) Shits and giggles and a cool T-shirt

or

B) Console exclusivity for the original and the sequels

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Mass Effect 2 is a timed exclusive... it will be released on the PC a few months after the 360 version...

Sorry no PS3 versions

or

EA owns the Mass Effect IP, Not Microsoft. They can do with it what they like. It's what $860 million buys these days ;)

Around the Network
shams said:
Lets not forget The Getaway PS3... screenshots looked pretty damned sexy 2 years ago (basically GTA, just not as good).

Getaway is nothing like GTA. If i recall correctly you have to do missions and its no free roaming. Unless they've changed this one.

I'm back...

TheRealMafoo said:
gebx said:

Sorry no PS3 versions

or

EA owns the Mass Effect IP, Not Microsoft. They can do with it what they like. It's what $860 million buys these days ;)

Microsoft owns the publishing rights to the first Mass Effect without limitation.

They gave them to EA for the PC version in return for something. Now what do you think that something might have been?

There is almost NO chance they will allow a PS3 version of the first Mass Effect.  Given the complex storylines and the fact that you can actually bring your original mass effect saves (or parts of it) over to mass effect 2, the value of putting Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 without Mass Effect 1 is very limited as its sales would be minimalistic.

Add to that the fact Microsoft wanted to trade PC publishing rights for something else, and their probable willingness to shell out some cash, and it starts to look like Mass Effect will stay Microsoft exclusive. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I am sorta hoping for mass effect and its sequels release on play-station 3, considering its being handled by EA. everything else I could careless about, its obvious that sony has to have some sort of in game XMB running by now, they should be testing for bugs if anything

starcraft said:

Microsoft owns the publishing rights to the first Mass Effect without limitation.

They gave them to EA for the PC version in return for something. Now what do you think that something might have been?

There is almost NO chance they will allow a PS3 version of the first Mass Effect. 

Yea, I stated in my first post that Mass Effect one will not be coming to the PS3. As for the rest, it's a rumor. No one knows what MS got, if they did, we would know. It could also have been something like "If there are less then 20 million PS3's by the end of 08, we make it exclusive".

Who knows. One thing I know however, is EA knows how to do business. They would not give up something as huge as ME2 on the PS3 for PC rights to ME1. That would just be stupid. 

There are 1000 things EA has that MS would want. I doubt whatever the trade was, it had anything to do with ME2. It was probability something completely unrelated to this IP. 

Oh, and it would be stupid to tie ME2's sales opportunities to ME1. I am sure the game will be just as enjoyable if you never played the first one.

dabaus513 said:

- God Of War III is along way off, won't be released until Christmas 2009.
- The BBC reckons Sony has an amazing secret game in the works for 2009.
- Capcom is developing Dead Rising 2 for multiple platforms including PlayStation 3.
- Team ICO's new game has links to Norse myths.
- Mass Effect and its sequels will come to PlayStation 3.
- Sony already has a in-game version of the PlayStation 3's XMB up and running.
- Netflix will soon offer movie downloads straight to your PlayStation 3.

1. Fine

2. Most likely

3. I don't care, but might be true

4. I never liked ICO, could be true

5. Hope so for PS3's sake, not mine. didn't like ME

6. Most likely, those bastards are hiding it from us!!

7. Hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!