By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My problem with Tetris

Tagged games:

Believe it or not, I had never played Tetris before a few weeks ago. Since it’s considered a landmark in gaming, I’ve decided to try it out and I've been playing Tetris during my breaks for a few days now and I’m not impressed. For a game that’s been praised so much over the years it’s truly terrible. I can’t imagine how crappy it was back on the GameBoy with no colors!

Here’s a list of cons I’ve noticed.

Some pieces don’t fit:
The stupid Z-shaped pieces don’t fit anywhere, anytime I get one it screws up my lines

Rows are too large:
It takes 12 aligned blocks to make a line and the longest block you get has a width of 4 blocks! That means that if you’re incredibly lucky still takes 3 moves to make a line

Too many kinds of pieces:
I’m just getting used to placing the great cube and line pieces (I love line pieces!) and then it gives me the weird T-shaped one to use and without even telling me how to use it, I gotta place it and even if I pull that off they then give me a L-shaped one or the dreaded Z-shaped piece!

Pieces don’t come in the right position:
After many many tries I managed to get a great beautifully built wall… all I need is a vertical line piece but this game is so dumb it gives me the horizontal line piece instead!

No checkpoints:
No matter how far you make it in that game, I’ve yet to hit a checkpoint! All it does is go faster and faster and when I die (usually in less than a minute!), I have to start all the way back from 0 points, 0 lines!

I can’t see how this game was 
ever popular, I give it a 5.5/10

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I see what you did there.

I thought the main post in the thread would be "it's too difficult", but I have to say, I'm surprised in a good way with how it turned out to be.

Har, har, har. (Loud, sarcastic clapping.)

I like you man, but... that was low hanging fruit and you still just sort of shook the branch instead of picking it.

Trucks:

Around the Network

Trucks is going in! o_o

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Did IGN make another stupid review?

What's being mocked this time?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Trucks unlocking his next evolution.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I get it it's meant to be funny but, was any of this true (i.e. like the part about you playing it for the first time a few weeks ago lol)

Cobretti2 said:
I get it it's meant to be funny but, was any of this true (i.e. like the part about you playing it for the first time a few weeks ago lol)

I do hate the Z-shaped pieces... that's about it.

Signature goes here!