By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast 2 Project Has SEGA’s Attention, “Inviting Response” from Multiple Contacts

jason1637 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How so? Considering recent sales for handheld consoles I could only see it doing well if somehow they got Pokemon and Monster Hunter as exclusives, which just isn't going to happen.

Japanese devs will support a handheld. If its a console it would have some 1st party and barely any third party support, but if its a handheld it will get some 1st party and lots of Japanese support 

Not really. Considering Sega has been out of the race for two gens now, there is no guarantee that 3rd parties will support it, specially when Sega is not in the best finantial situation and their IPs don't have the strenght they used to to move hardware. Also, the WonderSwan was a japanese handheld (made by Namco-Bandai) and it had very little support, and at that time the mobile market didn't exist.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Sorry, but we don't need another Sega console.

A new sega console. I would pay a 1000 euro. Im that desperate for a console with
Pso
Phantasy star
Vanquish 2
Streets of rage 4
Shenmue 4
Yakuza
Golden axe proper one
Altered beast proper one
Shinobi
Nightshade
Hang on 2
Chakan
Toejam and earl
Jet set radio 3. Skateboard version
Panzer dragoon saga remake and 2
Sonic R2
Sonic generations 2
Sonic mayhem( a new 2d sonic with genesis sprites)
Crusader centy. (Ocarina of time style)
Persona 6
Dragon crown 2
Princess crown hd and english
Muramasa
Eternal champions 3d
Skies of arcadia 2
Chuck rock 3
Greendog 2
Mickey mouse woi2
House of the dead(like evil within)
Exile rpg remade to 3d
Online fps outttigger.
Valkyria chronicles(

Imagine the commotion. All games as day one release together with the console. There will be a blast of sales mark my words

Might work as a handheld

I would buy any Sega console immediately and at any price. Gaming has been a soulless endeavour since they left the hardware business

Around the Network

NOT A DRILL NOT A DRILL.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

BraLoD said:
Either it comes from Sega or it comes from nobody!

We shoulda ended with this. 

So, lets say it gets released - Now what? It might need SEGA games right? It might need some form of 3rd party support?  

If they decide to take an SNK console route (Not competing, just bringing an arcade perfect quality to homes) that would eliminate the need for 3rd party but it would still need SEGA. If SEGA guaranteed they'd localize every title Then.... maybe?

I'm sure that would sell more than the Dreamcast.

it would be a total different experience with sega. peeps want fps back to back and complain like bitches why nothing has changed and when u change its not good. cause yall want the damn fps. man man

Fuck third party. I have an xbone for that. This is sega. I would be happy just to have a few releases a season. Thats it im happy