By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sounds like Link will remain silent in Zelda Wii U

making Link speak would ruin the mystery and allure of the franchise

it also hurts the ability for any gamer to put themselves into Link's shoes. only impatient uncreative kid gamers these days are requesting to be mouth fed things like this. 

A similar thing that pops in my brain is the Fallout series- I think pretty much universally fans of the series can agree that the voiced protagonist thing hurt the latest game in terms of immersion and the effects it had on the dialoge wheel. totally different type of game, but the concept of forcing a voice on a protagonist is the same in the sense of killing immersion and mystery

Link doesn't need a voice and works perfectly silent. Nintendo has mastered the ability to have characters like Link speak without words. through gestures, grunts, expressions. I mean even thinking of like Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker a ton of personality from "Link" pops in my brain from those things alone. we don't need voice

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Kennel83 said:

Yeah, me too! It´s quite fun, Link´s personality is something I would have never imagined like that, but it´s kinda cool in the end, always chasing Zelda to make out xD 

Ganon is fun too!

Also:

Yeah, that and the episode when he escaped a volcano erupting with the shield "flying" over the flames were key moments haha. Ganon is great too, but he can´t do acrobatics as Link and Zelda, they sure can jump really high xD