By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The fate of Fable

Tagged games:

Lionhead have been working on a non Fable IP since January 2014 and I wouldn't be surprised if we see them unveil it at E3 this year. - http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/21/5330184/lionhead-studios-is-finally-working-on-a-new-ip-that-isnt-fable

If we do see a new Fable I would say its for the next gen Xbox and not the One.

Around the Network

Lionhead will be busy with Fable Legends for the next ten years!
Twitter from September 2015.

"Lionhead Studios is not currently working on Fable 4, the UK developer said today on Twitter. As you'd expect, the developer is instead focusing on upcoming Xbox One and PC game Fable Legends, which the studio says will remain the company's priority for the foreseeable future. Lionhead plans to support the role-playing game with a "constant stream" of DLC for a period of up to 10 years if everything goes well."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-are-not-working-on-fable-4-lionhead-says/1100-6430849/

NobleTeam360 said:
baloofarsan said:
Too bad that Fables series is left to stupid spin-offs.
The main line games had good reviews (Metacritic: F1 = 85, F2 = 89, F3 = 80)
and good sales (VGChartz: F1 = 3 million, F2 = 4 million, F3 = 5 million).
Maybe the developers wanted to do too much in the third game but it was in the right direction.
Heroes, The Journey and Legends may be good games but they are no main line games.
It is really strange that MS let this series dwindle into obscurity.

I would even consider buying a XB1 if there was coming a true sequel to Fable 1- 3!

Pretty much this, I think they've done too many spin-offs instead of mainline games. Halo is kind of headed in the same direction with too many spin-off games. 

@baloofarsan: I would expect that the next mainline Fable title, provided that it ever gets made, will also release on PC at some point. PC has managed to acquire most of the Fable titles. That being said, having a true Fable on Xbox One would certainly make the platform more enticing.

@NobleTeam360: Sure they have done a lot of spin-off games now, however, so has Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is finally getting its next mainline title. That being said, I would argue that all the Kingdom Hearts games are crucial to understanding the story, Square-enix just happened to release a lot of side games for this series.