By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am currently getting paid to play on VGChartz

Have you ever gotten paid to play on VGC?

yes 12 33.33%

no 23 63.89%

Total:35

I'll sometimes check my forums out during the day...though I'm salaried, so I don't know if that same mentality applies.

During college though, I remember working at the front desk in the dorm, where literally all I would do is sign people in and out of the game room, and check guests in for the night if they wanted to be checked in (the dorm had a no-guest policy after 2am, which means girlfriends had to go home if they were on the list). Which means I might do 10 minutes of work, and spend the rest of the night watching TV or playing games on my computer. No idea how I kept that job my whole time there.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

It's busy now lol

PerturbedKitty said:

It isn't often that they get to calculus 2.you'd have to start algebra 1 in 7th grade, then do geometry, algebra 2, trigonometry, calculus 1, then calculus 2. The vast majority of students will do pre-algebra in 7th, so they wouldn't even have the option of reaching integral calculus. We currently have one student who is enrolled who is taking calculus 2. Vector algebra.. not so much

@Bold Is that one of those gifted high school student's taking college courses on reccomendation or admitted by an AP credit ? 

Huh, I thought that high schools would at least cover some complex number arithmetic, matrix/vector/row operations, linear independence/dependence and some intersection of primitives but I don't expect them to know linear transformations, vector spaces, determinants, linear spans, basis, eigenvalues/vectors, or other arbitrary concepts such as proofs ... 

What a coincidence, I get payed to write on VGChartz

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

fatslob-:O said:
PerturbedKitty said:

It isn't often that they get to calculus 2.you'd have to start algebra 1 in 7th grade, then do geometry, algebra 2, trigonometry, calculus 1, then calculus 2. The vast majority of students will do pre-algebra in 7th, so they wouldn't even have the option of reaching integral calculus. We currently have one student who is enrolled who is taking calculus 2. Vector algebra.. not so much

@Bold Is that one of those gifted high school student's taking college courses on reccomendation or admitted by an AP credit ? 

Huh, I thought that high schools would at least cover some complex number arithmetic, matrix/vector/row operations, linear independence/dependence and some intersection of primitives but I don't expect them to know linear transformations, vector spaces, determinants, linear spans, basis, eigenvalues/vectors, or other arbitrary concepts such as proofs ... 

Maybe some high schools, I guess. Vector algebra would typically be covered at the very end of algebra 2 or the very beginnings of trig, but waaaay more basic than the concepts that you just mentioned lol. Basic matrices and that's probably about it. Maybe forces, but then you're getting into physics. That stuff you mentioned is generally taken after calculus.

Around the Network
PerturbedKitty said:
DonFerrari said:
Not necessairily, as soons as they see you aren't providing value they'll kick you out

lol. The center director as they're called doesn't care if we are on our phones if there are no students here.

Not talking about what you do when there is no students.... but if often there is no students for you to teach then they may let you go.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
PerturbedKitty said:
DonFerrari said:
Not necessairily, as soons as they see you aren't providing value they'll kick you out

lol. The center director as they're called doesn't care if we are on our phones if there are no students here.

Not talking about what you do when there is no students.... but if often there is no students for you to teach then they may let you go.

Oh I see what you're saying haha. It's because it's friday. Fridays are very slow days compared to Monday through Thursday

Super_Boom said:
I'll sometimes check my forums out during the day...though I'm salaried, so I don't know if that same mentality applies.

During college though, I remember working at the front desk in the dorm, where literally all I would do is sign people in and out of the game room, and check guests in for the night if they wanted to be checked in (the dorm had a no-guest policy after 2am, which means girlfriends had to go home if they were on the list). Which means I might do 10 minutes of work, and spend the rest of the night watching TV or playing games on my computer. No idea how I kept that job my whole time there.

Well you had a dream job, good you used it well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

PerturbedKitty said:
DonFerrari said:
PerturbedKitty said:

Oh I see what you're saying haha. It's because it's friday. Fridays are very slow days compared to Monday through Thursday

Oww ok if it isn't common to be very slow no problem. And maybe even if it was always empty you wouldn't have a problem because he needs to keep a certain number of instructors.

If I had a penny for every post I made on VGC...

That'd be a pretty sweet life.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."