By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x the flaws of a game

I absolutely LOVE Xenoblade Chronicles X...

.. but I will give out some flaw as I see it.

- Can be unforgiving in providing instruction on what to do or where you need to go to complete some objectives in the missions it assigns you. Some missions you get arrows and a flashing indicator that tell you where to go. Others they give you a massive highlight area and then there are the gathering missions where short of going online or using a guide you might have to walk around the entire continent just to find where the enemy that will sometimes drop the item or where the game populates sometimes because its basically in the hands of a RNG. There is a minor way around this with some items using rewards tickets that you get from playing the game but that only works when you are online.

- The inventory system is crap. I mean the game gives you a number of categories of items to get and even nearly 1000 spots for each it seems. But there is no quick way to navigate all this. This is especially bad with armor and weapons, which you can buy, pick up from defeated enemies and sometimes it seems like pick up with the random drops and completing actions in the field. The reason for this is that the you can have multiple versions of the same item, but they might have different effects, you also can add augments to give the armor/weapon more attribute(s). Outside of a filter that sometimes allows you to filter out certain elemental attributes there is no way to sort it, which can lead to a slog when you might set a augment to a piece of armor, change it and want to either change it back or get the augment off of it.

- The text is horrible, thank the heavens for the Gamepad because with my crappy vision and television apparently it is almost impossible to read some of the text.

- Love or hate the story, personally I really liked it. But the fact that the story missions and the majority of the affinity missions require the same group of playable characters, especially when you are given about 18 total to use can be annoying. Oh and on the story the ending and what it entails can be .

- All the previously mentioned flaws and those not mentioned here (stupid level cap nonsense) come together for this one major flaw with the game... it feels unfinished.

I can understand that the instructions or lack of such and probably the level cap are mainly meant as ways to help increase difficulty. Maybe there was a fault in terms of UI for the inventory. Maybe they wanted to make sure the main character always had a balanced team capable of surviving the fights. But in general, you can just as easily see these plus stuff like clip through moving cars, animals and other stuff as the product being put out incomplete or a better phrase could be seen as unpolished. Whether it was budget, time or the fact that the developer has stated in interviews they treated this as a experiment we may never know fully. But given the ambition and how the brand itself has had it own history of releasing nearly unfinished works you have to wonder.

Once again, this is a great game, if you can weather the faults, you are in for a interesting adventure or two on the wilds of Mira. But it is far from flawless.

Around the Network

it would have really been nice if the xeno devs would read into this topic. they must know that we love this game but only want to provide points of improvement