By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Head-to-Head Comparison

I'm not sure if the HD version looks better than before or the wii version looks worse than I remember.

Around the Network
Esiar said:
padib said:
They could have done much better, let's see what price they set on this. It's worth 20$ looking like that. If it were a proper remake I'd pay 60 but not for this.

I get that it doesn't look worth $60, but $20? 

Remasters really shouldn't be $60 no matter what.  $40 at highest, but $30 seems appropriate.  WW HD is still 50 to 60 for cryin out loud.  It's worth about 20 now that it has been out for a few years.

Lube Me Up

looks so much better now! maybe now I'll get through it and finish.

Please, people who says it looks the same, play Twilight Princess again. Seriously, do it, on your Full HD TV.

all it looks like is a upgrade from composite connection to hdmi. horrible!

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Volterra_90 said:
I don't know if it's an official prize, or just an Amazon estimation, but it's at 45€ on Amazon Spain without the amiibo. Which is actually very expensive to me, since I've bought new games for that prize.

I think official prices for EU are around 50€ standalone copy and 60€ for Edition with bundle. I would love 40€ price for standalone copy.

I think so. But I think it might be 30/40. 50/60 seems very high to me. There are games which cost this prize and they're not standard remasters of previous gen games. Prizing this game as brand "new" is almost a stole. 

Looking at this comparison it looks a bit better than the Resident Evil Zero remaster PS4/GC

So, not bad. Nothing spectacular but still enough to make me wanna play it :>

Edwardooo said:
Please, people who says it looks the same, play Twilight Princess again. Seriously, do it, on your Full HD TV.

I did with the GameCube version: TPHD is the most dissapointing Zelda remaster. The fact that we need to do comparisions talk about the "upgrade" or the lack of.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Edwardooo said:

I did with the GameCube version: TPHD is the most dissapointing Zelda remaster. The fact that we need to do comparisions talk about the "upgrade" or the lack of.

Wheter or not you're disappointed by the upgrades isn't what I'm talking about, I'm talking about people whos says that it looks the same. I accept that the game clearly isn't the best remaster I've seen, but please, how in the world is this equal or juste a little bit above a freaking gamecube game ? It's absolutely not, and obviously way way better than the original. There isn't a single Wii U game (well, except Wii games, such as Rodea I suppose) that's visually the same or with a little difference than a gamecube game.

It's just obvious, I should not even say that.

Edwardooo said:
Pavolink said:
Edwardooo said:

Wheter or not you're disappointed by the upgrades isn't what I'm talking about, I'm talking about people whos says that it looks the same. I accept that the game clearly isn't the best remaster I've seen, but please, how in the world is this equal or juste a little bit above a freaking gamecube game ? It's absolutely not, and obviously way way better than the original. There isn't a single Wii U game (well, except Wii games, such as Rodea I suppose) that's visually the same or with a little difference than a gamecube game.

It's just obvious, I should not even say that.

Way way better?

Way way better was The Wind Waker HD, a game that can compete with Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, SSBWii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda HD. This one? Never.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile