By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Revisted Dark Cloud 2

OK, so Dark Cloud 2 is my all-time favorite game (followed by OoT, Dragon's Dogma, GoW II, Dragon Age: Inquisition, UC3, and TLOU). I was more than excited when I heard Sony would be putting it on PSN for the "PS2 for PS4" campaign. Bought the game yesterday for a measly $11.24. I was afraid that, like many things, the game wouldn't stand the test of time. Lord knows I CANNOT STAND Steve Urkel anymore, just can't! I mean, I'd not played Dark Cloud 2 since 2005. A lot has changed since then. My phone became "smart", I have 2 kids, a hot wife, and just recently bought a house. Needless to say I've become a grown-up.

So after anxiously waiting for the download to complete it finally happened. I boot the game up and I'm met with a game that's not as beautiful to me as she once was. My son remarks on how bad the graphics are. What does he know? He's 8 years old. Graphics have always been pretty since he's been born. He the same kid who brought me to tears when he hated TMNT: The Arcade Game because "it's too ugly". Anyway, I get things started and I'm excited. I get past some story and my son still isn't amused. Then I dive into the first dungeon: The Sewer. Here I'm met with rats, bats, planes, trains, & automobiles! Well, not really, just mostly rats and bats. I'm running around as Max with my big ass shoes shooting baddies. I'm thinking about collecting Atlamillia, world/weapon building, weapon upgrading, the Ridepod, and meeting Monica. I'm having such fun! Yes, it's just as I remember! I LOVE IT!

My son is watching me play and he seems a tad interested. Then my wife walks by and says, "Oh my god! You're playing this game?!" My son asks her how she knows the game and she tells him that it's one of the first games she watched me play when we were just friends (over 10 years ago!). She sticks around for a bit then gets back to doing what she was doing. My son starts paying more attention then his 3 years old sister sits next to him and she's watching as well. I look to my right and there we are, the three of us, in a row, enjoying a game that is as much a part of my childhood (even though I was 23 when it released lol) as pimples. I'm so happy to be playing this game again! Thank you Sony for allowing me to share this with my children. My son would hear of Dark Cloud 2 on an occasion but now he gets to enjoy it. Now, onward to part 3 damn it!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

Awesome! I am super stoked to play it as well. It was one of my favorite games for the months I got absorbed into it.

Skratchy said:
Awesome! I am super stoked to play it as well. It was one of my favorite games for the months I got absorbed into it.

I went back through the dungeons so often because they're ever-changing. Impossible to know where to go and where to find treasures. I put at least 500 hours into that game. Don't know if I can do that again though. New responsibilities.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

So how's it look in 1080p and widescreen?

It's also one of my favorite games though weirdly enough I never finished it. I just spent so much time doing fish races and playing golfs. I hope this paves the way for Dark Cloud 3.