By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Genesis 3 *Update* active finals views.

Tagged games:

So, a few months ago I said that Smash Wii U was seemingly the go to Smash over Melee and people were telling me (among a lot of things, some I can't post) that overall there will be more people watching Melee than Smash Wii U.

Well the new year is here, and the first tournament is going on. So what do the numbers look like?

Drum roll please.

*UPDATE DO TO MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF TWITCH, LOL!"

The highest active views for Sm4sh seems to be 92412 with the winner being ZeRo.

WOW, Smash Melee nearly started directly afterwards, though I think the others went on a little late.

So far Melee views are 12356 the winner being Armada

Overall views for the first tournament is Melee by around 30000 views. Will be interesting to see if the gap closes throughout the rest of the year. Great show!

http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash

It's going to be an interesting year. Until next tournament.

Around the Network

Did they show grand finals for Wii U or Melee yet?

I don't wanna miss it.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Did they show grand finals for Wii U or Melee yet?

I don't wanna miss it.

Not yet.

That's total channel views for each individual channel, which includes all past tournaments from all games (including Street Fighter and the likes) ever streamed on their channels.

As far as actual live viewers for Genesis 3 are concerned, Melee has been ahead more or less the entire time.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

That's total channel views for each individual channel, which includes all past tournaments from all games (including Street Fighter and the likes) ever streamed on their channels.

As far as actual live viewers for Genesis 3 are concerned, Melee has been ahead more or less the entire time.

I'm just going to be tracking this years tournaments feel free to make a thread with all that if you wish.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I'm just going to be tracking this years tournaments feel free to make a thread with all that if you wish.

If you want to embarass yourself further, be my guest.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bigtakilla said:

If you want to embarass yourself further, be my guest.

Sounds good to me.

spurgeonryan said:
Was this on tv?

No, twitch. The finals are tomorrow, er... Later today.... Whatever... (2:53am here)

It's great that both Melee and Smash 4 are prospering and continuing to grow as more people get invested in these games. Can't wait to see the rest of Genesis with interesting match ups.

Kai_Mao said:
It's great that both Melee and Smash 4 are prospering and continuing to grow as more people get invested in these games. Can't wait to see the rest of Genesis with interesting match ups.

Oh agree completely. Having two extremely popular Smash's in the competitive scene is only going to benefit us at the end of the day. Glad they are both doing well, but surprised at the level of interest in Smash U. Seems Nintendo got almost everything right with its release.

This isn't a hate Melee thing, it's a celebration of Nintendo embracing the competitive scene again with Smash U.