By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finally a reason to preorder! Amazon drops prices 20%!!!

As of today, Amazon will now discount pre-order prices by 20%.

This means that the traditional 60$ game will now only be 48$!
That's pretty amazing.

OPf course, you have to be a prime member which is 99$ per year, but it will easily pay off with faster, and free deliveries, and if you have their credit card (like I do) you get another 3% back in points (of which I have 203$ in points)

I dunno man but that's pretty much the first time I've ever really had an incentive to pre-order other than to simply have the game. 

Frankly, this should apply to the entire gaming industry, gamestop and other retail sources as well.

EDIT: just found out best buy also has 20% off preorders on games with their subscription.

Either way, I'm already a prime member, and just ordered odin sphere collectors edition, so, woot for me.

damn already posted. please lock

Around the Network

Yep no brainer, I been using the Best Buy one for a while and its great. Any reason to keep myself out of gamestop is a-ok in my book.

Best buy is Better

59.99 Dollar game ends up being 37.99

20% discount plus a 10 dollar gift card if you preorder, also if game reviews badly you can just cancel it, and with Amazon your stuck shipping it back thats just a pain.

So after 2 games you have paid for the two year membership and have made 10 dollars back. On the third game it's win win.

I always pre-order at my local Gamestop out of goodwill and because I used to work there (thus made some friends who still work there), but between this and Best Buy's Gamer Club, I may change my shopping habits. Though, I can always cancel my Gamestop pre-orders in-store, even days after it is released. That is the only perk, though.

Honestly GameStop offers nothing Best Buy is the best deal, can cancel order also after it's been released.

Around the Network

Locked at request of the OP.