By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of 8th gen, million selling Nintendo IP

PerturbedKitty said:
padib said:
Just this list totals 155M SW units sold by Nintendo.

domination, i know. 

Oh wow! That is awesome!!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:
mountaindewslave said:

surely you're aware of the obvious mistakes made with the Wii U though? you're acting as if NIntendo put out a top of the line system and failed or something. they still dominate the handheld market and put out a home console that had a name that made no sense (not at all like the Wii) and that was expensive for its capabilities and had a strange controller

I think its pretty obvious that if Nintendo had released a traditional console then their hardware sales numbers (handheld + home) would be matching that of the GBA and Gamecube era

at any rate you're trying to make a point about Smash and 3D world being behind at the moment but if the Wii U continues to be sold for another year or two its quite possible those leads will be erased anyway

using software as a way to make your point would be crazy, the 3DS has pushed way more software than Nintendo was pushing with their handhelds in some of their earlier generations and I would not be suprised if software sales wise the 3DS is beyond the GBA

Of course they made mistakes, (if your console sells 15 million lifetime you obviously made mistakes) but that doesn't change the end result.

All we can hope for is that Nintendo fixes these mistakes moving forwards so that next gen isn't a reprise of this one.

But wii u won't sell 15m lifetime.

How much do you think it will sell?

After a bit over 3 years and 4 holiday seasons it's at 12.4 million. Given that it's nearing the end of its life and has few big releases left, it will slow down this year and grind to a halt once NX arrives.

If it exceeds 15 million, it won't be by much.

curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:

Of course they made mistakes, (if your console sells 15 million lifetime you obviously made mistakes) but that doesn't change the end result.

All we can hope for is that Nintendo fixes these mistakes moving forwards so that next gen isn't a reprise of this one.

After a bit over 3 years and 4 holiday seasons it's at 12.4 million. Given that it's nearing the end of its life and has few big releases left, it will slow down this year and grind to a halt once NX arrives.

It will end around 20m, maybe pass the GC.

Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

I will bet you right now that Wii U will not outsell Gamecube.

Loser has to include in their sig "curl/thunderbird was right and I was wrong about Wii U (not) outselling Gamecube" and use an avatar of the winner's choice for one month.

No way in hell the WiiU sells more than the GC. I would post a photograph naked if that's the case. Maybe not, it would be a bit awkward.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Loser has to include in their sig "curl/thunderbird was right and I was wrong about Wii U (not) outselling Gamecube" and use an avatar of the winner's choice for one month.

I won't bet on something that's so unsure. It is however very clear that wii u will sell more than 15m, and 16m, and 17m.

Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

I won't bet on something that's so unsure. It is however very clear that wii u will sell more than 15m, and 16m, and 17m.

Fine, I will bet you it won't reach 20 million, will you take that?

curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:

No. It's too long away.

Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:

No. It's too long away.

I wouldn't take it either, it's very obvious at this point that Wii U will not reach 20 million.

curl-6 said:
Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:

No. It's too long away.

I wouldn't take it either, it's very obvious at this point that Wii U will not reach 20 million.

just be ready for crow.