By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of 8th gen, million selling Nintendo IP

padib said:
Just this list totals 155M SW units sold by Nintendo.

domination, i know. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

AlfredoTurkey said:

You are a die hard Nintendo fan and that's why you want to put them together because you know Wii-U wouldn't have enough to look good on a spread sheet. I am a huge fan of Nintendo myself. I was playing their games before you were even born, but I'm not going to let my adoration for their software dictate my thought process when it comes to their success. 

As I said before, the 3DS is the number one handheld on the market. It murdered the Vita. Nintendo has won five consecutive generations of handhelds. They have created some of the best portable software the industry has ever seen... kings, if you will. They are undefeated. 

That SHOULD be enough for someone like you but no, we have the issue of Wii-U and we don't like it, so we have to try to merge products together to create a reality that we would rather be living in. It's totally illogical.

Considering the content of the OP and the reason why the thread was created, there's nothing illogical about listing Wii U and 3DS games. Furthermore, since things at Nintendo are pointing towards a future where something like Super Smash Bros. 4 for home console and handheld will be a lot more common, it makes even less sense to argue in favor of complete separation of home console and handheld.

he didnt listen when i said it. maybe he will now that VGC lord rolstoppable has weighed in on the issue.

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

Well many including myself consider 3DS to be an 8th generation device and don't segregate consoles from handhelds, so I'm sticking with the title, nobody has had any problem with it other than u, so just drop it and accept that others don't agree you.

You are a die hard Nintendo fan and that's why you want to put them together because you know Wii-U wouldn't have enough to look good on a spread sheet. I am a huge fan of Nintendo myself. I was playing their games before you were even born, but I'm not going to let my adoration for their software dictate my thought process when it comes to their success. 

As I said before, the 3DS is the number one handheld on the market. It murdered the Vita. Nintendo has won five consecutive generations of handhelds. They have created some of the best portable software the industry has ever seen... kings, if you will. They are undefeated. 

That SHOULD be enough for someone like you but no, we have the issue of Wii-U and we don't like it, so we have to try to merge products together to create a reality that we would rather be living in. It's totally illogical.

This topic has nothing to do with hardware though, it's strictly about Nintendo's power in terms of software. Again I'm going to ask u to please drop the argument because ur not convincing anybody and it's off topic.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

padib said:
Just this list totals 155M SW units sold by Nintendo.

Thanks for adding it up, I got too lazy to do that lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:

AlfredoTurkey said:

Considering the content of the OP and the reason why the thread was created, there's nothing illogical about listing Wii U and 3DS games. Furthermore, since things at Nintendo are pointing towards a future where something like Super Smash Bros. 4 for home console and handheld will be a lot more common, it makes even less sense to argue in favor of complete separation of home console and handheld.

Considering that we're both posting on a video game website which shows, on the first page, handhelds and consoles seperated... I don't think I'm that far off base. 

But, whatever. If a few people want to create a reality that gets them through life, so be it. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

This topic has nothing to do with hardware though, it's strictly about Nintendo's power in terms of software. Again I'm going to ask u to please drop the argument because ur not convincing anybody and it's off topic.

You do know that telling me (two times now) to do that is against forum rules. If you think I violated rules, report me. Self moderation is not allowed.

Having said that, I'm done with this thread anyway so you guys can continue whatever discussion you were attempting to discuss. There's nothing to gain on either side anymore.

zorg, you killed your own thread.

PerturbedKitty said:
zorg, you killed your own thread.

Haha, I would rather it die from lack of interest than to be destroyed by the bickering of one man who is extremely offended by the concept of consoles & handhelds sharing generations.

So to try continuing some discussion in this thread, are these type of numbers acceptable for Nintendo going forward? Can they provide a self-contained ecosystem for themselves with a unified concept?

zorg1000 said:
So to try continuing some discussion in this thread, are these type of numbers acceptable for Nintendo going forward? Can they provide a self-contained ecosystem for themselves with a unified concept?

i definitely think so. these numbers are fantastic especially considering the low install base. there are no other publishers that can produce this many million sellers in a single generation. i think that shows that nintendo actually does quite well for themselves. also, you have to consider that the development cost for these games are pretty low, and almost every sale of the game is kept at the original price tag (since it takes so long for nintendo to drop the prices). that means that their 4 million sold earns a lot more than somebody elses 4 million sold. 

so to answer the question, these numbers are amazing for nintendo and they can do well for themselves even just staying stagnant at these numbers.