By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 has two types of Magic, Director on role of women in the game

Tagged games:

Would you like to have female characters playable in Final Fantasy XV?

Yes 54 79.41%

No 10 14.71%

Total:64
sc94597 said:
VXIII said:
sc94597 said:

New theme for the Jrpgs scene I said, the road trip theme itself is indeed known. However, it is not separated from other themes and events of the story that make it meaningful.

Each party has unique dynamics. Different kind relationships can be told through different kind of characters. It is a matter of perspective. What can be explained through comradeship of male characters can not be simulated by having females, and vice versa. It opens unique opportunities. Which is the reason for not having girls. So there is no "pressure to limit" anything. Different perspective. That is how I see it.

I am still not seeing why there can't be a comradeship with a female character or two unless their view of a female character is a stereotypical love interest/feminine female. Representing genres as archetypes is bad writing. And I don't think the road trip trope is necessarily new to the genre. It just never was explictly represented as an actual road trip. 

You honestly can't see how "buddies" party can have a unique mood, that is different than any other party? like, "brothers in arm" or anything else. It is not just about comradeship, I was giving an example, a possibility. There are a lot of unique opportunities as I said. Let me give you a hint:

Now, how cool is that, it doesn't get any more "manly" than this . Swapping the gender while having the exact same character will not make the party more diverse story and RPG wise (as you seem to be suggesting). There is much more to a character than the look. These characters can "well-develope" just fine. Not matching your preference does not exclude them from being human-like.

I think my point is clear now. To each his own :)

Around the Network

Can't fucking wait for this game...

The Fury said:

I think people would also like to see a dog character and or Moogle too. Or just some variety to character line up. Looks like caucasian males mid to late 20s, yet this is FF where we've had numerous female leads, a male lead with a tale, a dog/cat, a moogle, sasquatch, a big blue lion, an old man and his gran-daughter, young twin mages, a bunny girl and a rat.

I might be completely off but I'm pretty sure they're all Japanese. Its the same with anime and manga, Japanese people portay themselves like that. Again, it might be stated otherwise, but I don't think so.

Not that it matters much, I guess.

VXIII said:
sc94597 said:
VXIII said:
sc94597 said:

New theme for the Jrpgs scene I said, the road trip theme itself is indeed known. However, it is not separated from other themes and events of the story that make it meaningful.

Each party has unique dynamics. Different kind relationships can be told through different kind of characters. It is a matter of perspective. What can be explained through comradeship of male characters can not be simulated by having females, and vice versa. It opens unique opportunities. Which is the reason for not having girls. So there is no "pressure to limit" anything. Different perspective. That is how I see it.

I am still not seeing why there can't be a comradeship with a female character or two unless their view of a female character is a stereotypical love interest/feminine female. Representing genres as archetypes is bad writing. And I don't think the road trip trope is necessarily new to the genre. It just never was explictly represented as an actual road trip. 

You honestly can't see how "buddies" party can have a unique mood, that is different than any other party? like, "brothers in arm" or anything else. It is not just about comradeship, I was giving an example, a possibility. There are a lot of unique opportunities as I said. Let me give you a hint:

Now, how cool is that, it doesn't get any more "manly" than this . Swapping the gender while having the exact same character will not make the party more diverse story and RPG wise (as you seem to be suggesting). There is much more to a character than the look. These characters can "well-develope" just fine. Not matching your preference does not exclude them from being human-like.

I think my point is clear now. To each his own :)

Woman can't be "buddies" with  men? Also the whole point is that by having a female you can have a different character who has some different problems but who can also be a close friend rather than a love interest - not a swapping of the same character's gender. 

sc94597 said:
VXIII said:
sc94597 said:
VXIII said:
sc94597 said:

Woman can't be "buddies" with  men? Also the whole point is that by having a female you can have a different character who has some different problems but who can also be a close friend rather than a love interest - not a swapping of the same character's gender. 

They can, in a different way. Different kind of relationship. Also, men have different kinds of problems. Hell, each person has his own different problems.

If the gender of one of the characters was swapped we wouldn't be arguing, even if everything else about that character (which we don't know much about yet) remains the same. That my problem with your argument. 100% subjective situation, but you insist it is objectively better to have female. All I'm saying neither is objectively "better".

Can we move on please? This is getting tiresome

Around the Network

Making a game is hard. Very hard. Designing a good game is even harder. FF XV game's designer decided to have characters like this, with this quantity and genders. Its his vision, and his/theirs vision should never be corrupted or the final work of art would be tainted and not replicate the original vision. If you like it, great, if not, move on. Appeasing to anyone else will just harm the game, so let them do what they do best, which is make games, whether they are good or not.

I don’t think that because the game doesn’t have female characters then the developers should be considered as discriminators or misogynist. I think an all-male group is a different approach and it should be interpreted just as that, another approach. Besides, FFXIII, XIII-2 and XIII-3 had female leading characters, so I think is fresh to have an all-male group for the next installment xdd. And even if there won’t be playable female characters that doesn’t mean the game will lack diversity. Maybe, story wise, the females will play big roles, or be the most terrifying enemies, who knows. xdd. I think that what they should add is like another species playable character, I think the last one was Fran from FF12. xdd. They should make a world or universe not just of human kind as the only smart species for the next game xd.

All that info sounds interesting, I'm really looking forward to this game.