By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn: Guerrila Games on why no multiplayer in the game

I don't see why they even need to explain why no MP. This isn't a requirement for games and never has been.

Around the Network

Nice. Guerrilla knows what's up.

Good its easier to get the plat

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

The game's focused on Aloy and her journey, also what this world is about, so no it doesn't need a multiplayer, nor would the game benefit from it.
There's nothing lazy about putting everything into making the gameplay for a Single Player, Story focused, massive open world title, with tonnes of detail and things to do.

It's been compared to The Witcher 3 in scope by those who have talked about it, that's a game focused on Geralt's journey.
Hell even something like Fallout where you create an avatar that represents you doesn't make much sense to have a multiplayer, because it's about you exploring that world.
When games like these take so long to make adding MP would just be tacking on elements that don't add to the core experience the developers are trying to make. It's their game to present to the world.

If you don't like it, then you don't to buy it or even look it up past seeing the first trailer if you happened to stumble across it on YouTube or something.

SP only games are fine, provided they have a good level of value in the amount of content the publisher asks you to pay.

...Does every western game need MP these days? Sweet Jesus.

Around the Network

It's better off with no multiplayer than shoehorned in multiplayer. They should focus on and polish the single player. Right now it sounds like a winner.

gamingpotato7 said:
Sharpryno said:

4-6 hour campaign confirmed? 

:P Sure the game will be cool, but I'd consider myself to be an idiot, personally, to spend $60 on a single player game.  >I dont play skyrim/fallout or rpgs as I hate side quests. 

I would find myself an idiot to buy games because of the amount of hours I waste on it instead of the experience. I actually prefer shorter games with great compact experiences instead of wasting 100 hours on infinite quests and the same repetitive stuff or spending 2000 hours on a multiplayer game. But this is because I don't have much time to play anyway.

Anyway, good news, MP adds nothing if it doesn't make sense of the developers designing it.

Couldn't agree more. If anything, this makes me want to buy the game even more (though I don't like the genre, tbh)

arcaneguyver said:
...Does every western game need MP these days? Sweet Jesus.

Most do if they want to sell well, especially shooters. It may not make much sense to you (or me) but the reality is that we don't necessarily represent the majority of gamers. Look at what sells well: Fifa, Battlefield, COD, Halo, Forza, GT, etc.

I'm positive that had The Order had mulitplayer, it would have sold significantly better, as most people complained about its length which is a non issue for other shooters.

They shouldn't need to explain why there's no multiplayer. It's a shame that they have to clarify it as a result of the persistent need for MP in single-player focused experiences. I'm not all too interested in Horizon, but I wish the developers luck.

....soo why couldn't he just say no multiplayer because it's a single player game?