By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Forgotten JRPGs (WatchMojo)

Tagged games:

Omg Legend Of Dragoon :( :( it has to be like the most forgotten, underrated and overlooked JRPG of all time, it deserved more attention, that game is just epic and big, I mean, it was one of the very few PS1 games that had some voice acting, not much but it was something big at the time xdd. It deserves at least a remake! xd :D

I also played shadow hearts: covenant and it was awesome, that game is long and the story is quite interesting, is also and JRPG that deserves more attention. I also played shadow hearts: from the new world, but in my opinion it was not as good as its predecessor.

I believe that the Wild Arms series is a very well known saga in the JRPG community I think xd. So in my opinion, Its not that forgotten xdd. But is quite overlooked these days xd.

The others I do not know because I have never play them.

I think that other JRPGs that are quite overlooked and deserve more love are Grandia III (is neat, I liked it), Legend of Legaia (the first one, it was epic), Rogue Galaxy (awesome game), Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (even though is like a 2d game, is really good), and the Xenosaga series, which I liked, but I think that a lot of people hated xd.

Around the Network

Of all the games on the list, the one I feel the worst for is Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Undeniably, the PS1 version is the best version of the game, with all of the later ports being lacking in one way or another. It has good music, a fun battle system, and is a top tier JRPG.

I actually own it with the leather bound art/instruction booklet and the cloth map.

That said, I still need to play Eternal Sonata and Skies of Arcadia. They are two on the list that I've been wanting to play for some time, although I've been meaning to at least try Alundra and Wild Arms.

Only one I disagree with on that list is Dark Cloud 2. I'm almost certain that it has a decent following in some JRPG communities considering it's the game along with Rogue Galaxy that rose Level 5 to it's starting point as far as credible JRPG developers go ...

Ummmm, no Suikoden, Crystal Chronicles, or Baten Kaitos?.....

Skies of Arcadia had to be in there. Easily my favorite oldachool rpg of all time. I need a hd re-release now!!