By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that many of us have played Xenoblade Chronicles X... what do you expect from Zelda Wii U

I feel pretty safe saying the world certainly won't be as populated as Xenoblade X as shown by the videos. Also I don't expect there to be nearly as many encampments (nopon caravans, enemy strongholds, and Blade teams) scattered around the world.

Basically

Bigger world (though emptier)
Better effects (though less textured obviously)
Dungeons (XCX doesn't have them), but more load screens

So basically on par with Xeno X but a photo negative of it, and a second undeniable reason to own a Wii U.

Around the Network

A world filled with life and meaningful things to do, and a truly engaging deep story. A game that can beat Ocarina of Time (no Zelda since then could). And a questless more natural quest system. The term 'quest' should not be in the game, like in any other Zelda game before. And lots of player-world interaction like digging holes or cutting grass or planting trees anywhere.

etking said:
A world filled with life and meaningful things to do, and a truly engaging deep story. A game that can beat Ocarina of Time (no Zelda since then could).

In a completely open world game. Not to say its impossible, but for a series that is already grounded in minimalist storytelling you're probably setting yourself up for failure.

Definitely Zelda U team will use some experience from Xenoblade X team.

A better game with higher production values, a smaller and more dense world, and sound design (not to be confused with soundtrack) that isn't complete garbage.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves XCX. I don't want Zelda to take anything from the game.

Around the Network

Haven't played Xenoblade X, but I would like Zelda U to have a good number of side quests and maybe a 'story side quest' like in Dragon Quest IX, where there is a big side chain of quests that you can do..

In fact story side quests is far more interesting, which made DQ IX a lot more fun to play than Fantasy Life despite being so similar

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]