By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - a final fantasy 7 remake is great but ....

a remake of chrono cross would be awesome....

Around the Network

Hmmmmmmm..... No, FF7 is much better, no contest.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ive been miss lead :(

I was just thinking the same, well not that the same. FF7 remake is great and all but surely people... everyone would have in reality prefered a Chrono Trigger or FF6 remake.... right?

I mean, they need an update more than FF7, it's just the impact effect as FF7 was the big one that changed it.

Hmm, pie.

Would be nice but no other remake has been more demanding than FF7 so nope.

Before Chrono Cross, there's been other demands of remakes more worthy (ie, Chrono Trigger, FF6 to FF9 etc..)

Around the Network

Anything Chrono, that isnt yet another port of Trigger would be awesome.

BasilZero said:
Final Fantasy IX and Chrono Trigger deserve a full fledged remake.

While 9 is great it's cartoon style holds up amazingly well. It's fantastic to this day and doesn't seem dated graphically at all, which was an issue for many people with FF7... as in turn the reason for the 'Remake'. Shame they are changing more than just the graphics...

Agreed with Chrono Trigger, so much so it's silly (see above).

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
BasilZero said:
Final Fantasy IX and Chrono Trigger deserve a full fledged remake.

While 9 is great it's cartoon style holds up amazingly well. It's fantastic to this day and doesn't seem dated graphically at all, which was an issue for many people with FF7... as in turn the reason for the 'Remake'. Shame they are changing more than just the graphics...

For FFIX, it's mostly the pre-rendered backgrounds. You can actually find a Neogaf thread out there where a user posted tons of the pre-rendered backgrounds before they were shrunk down for the PS1. The backgrounds look god damn amazing, and the fact that they still look as good as they do downsized to manage on the PS1 is a testament to the talent of the artists involved. I wouldn't mind re-done character models and a prettied up overworld, but all in all, FFIX really has held up well.

I was just about to open this

But then Great is the same as Awesome IMO.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5