By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you tried VR?

Have you tried VR?

Yes! 10 16.67%

Yes, but only mobile VR (GEAR, Cardboard) 2 3.33%

No but I want to try it 42 70.00%

No and I don't want to try it 6 10.00%

Total:60

I tried the Oculus Rift a few times, both were Kit 1s. It was alright but it's not really something that I would like to play games on. More comfortable to use a standard controller/keyboard and monitor set up and it's easier on the eyes too.

Around the Network

I haven't tried it yet but will buy psvr day 1. It's right up my alley. I play most games in a totally darkened room on a big projector screen. I've always wanted a better fov and headtracking.
Low res and motion sickness don't bother me much. I'm enjoying FRN atm on the big screen, that would be awesome in VR. (Well maybe not the temporal reprojection mess and extreme boost zoom outs, but a cleaner more stable version) Can't wait to play Rez in VR.

zero129 said:
COKTOE said:
Yes. In 1992. It was literally the first attempt at VR. Some kind of "Mech" game. It cost $20 for 5 minutes of playtime, and was terrible. The "game" I played was the go-to image whenever news channels at the time had stories about VR. I also watched Lawnmower Man while I cut my wrists and drank gasoline.

Damn dude i remember this too!. I also remember being amazed by it at the time lol xD.

But more recently i been using Google cardboard style vr. But my headset is a plastic headset that my phone (Samsung galaxy S5) fits into and then using trinus vr and Tridef i then have a VR headset that works with all my pc games! . It works really well thanks to the phones 1080P screen everything is very clear and the headtracking works great thanks to the phones sensers.

Perhaps the 8 year age gap between us is part of why we had different experiences. I was pretty disappointed. I have never heard of the setup you have. Sounds pretty cool.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't understand why you would not want to at least try it. No obligation to use it or buy a headset. If this is a common opinion then it might be one of the biggest barriers to adoption.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One