By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - You can now permanently delete Steam games from your account!

Just go to the Support page on Steam and type the name of the game you want to delete, click it and then choose the ''I want to permanently remove this game from my account'' option.

No more crappy games wasting space on your collection ;)

Around the Network

I'd rather just have the option to remove from library, but still have the option to redownload it later. Maybe that is a feature already though? I dunno, I've never really felt a need to do so, but I guess it could be useful at times.

i'd like to be able to do that on psn. fuck you E3 2014 viewer...

That's a actually a decent feature, if you don't want your library cluttered with games you know you'll never download and play.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Bristow9091 said:
It'd be nice if they gave the option to transfer games from your library to someone elses, for example, I've got a fuck ton of games in my library that I either haven't played for years or haven't played or even installed whatsoever (Thanks Humble Bundle!), so would be nice to give 'em to people that are actually interested in playing them or something...

I really want that too. I just deleted some games that are really bad from my account, but there are some games that I've bought that I'm not really interested in but are good and I'd rather give them to friends that I know would like to have them instead of just deleting them forever.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I'd rather just have the option to remove from library, but still have the option to redownload it later. Maybe that is a feature already though? I dunno, I've never really felt a need to do so, but I guess it could be useful at times.

If that's what you want, right click the game and choose Pick a Category or something like that, there's an option that allows you to hide the game from your library. If you ever want to redownload the game, you can just unhide it. Hope that helps!

I might i'm going to delete old school games that don't have steam achievement, my games library will be only 80s games down from 130 games.

That was before i know about gog in the past.

Vini256 said:
Teeqoz said:

If that's what you want, right click the game and choose Pick a Category or something like that, there's an option that allows you to hide the game from your library. If you ever want to redownload the game, you can just unhide it. Hope that helps!

Hehe, like I said, I've never felt a need to do so, it just makes more sense to me than deleting it from my Steam account.

For example, I'd never throw away a game disc, regardless of how crap the game was. I'd just hide it away and never bring it out.

Teeqoz said:

You can via right clicking the game and choosing the hide game option but the game still remains in your library. Also it's made apparent that even though you delete the game via this new option, you can still get the games back. (Also I saw the reply so my bad lol, I was too slow)

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:
Teeqoz said:

Actually its not a permanent deletion at least from what I read earlier.

Cant find the exact article or post but I'm pretty sure you can restore the game.

Anyways, not sure why anyone would want to "delete" it when you can just "Hide" the game.

*Spying your games*

Nice games you got.