By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

Kowan said:
StarOcean said:
I was discussing this with the other VGChartz staff a few days ago, how would the world map even work in an episodic FF7? :S

They never said it would be episodic. It's more like one full game per part. So it's more likely we will have to wait a long time for the whole series to end. Think FF13 series or Mass effect.

which would be terrible for them to do, having a long windoe between parts

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Kowan said:

They never said it would be episodic. It's more like one full game per part. So it's more likely we will have to wait a long time for the whole series to end. Think FF13 series or Mass effect.

If each part is a full game and the others will be treated like sequels then that's fine to me. Every part should contain all the things you could normally do in a final fantasy game. Now since they haven't really announced how they're separating the story of FF7 or which other ff7 games' or media(advent children) story they are incorporaring into the entirety of the story then how that will go is still uncertain.

StarOcean said:
Kowan said:

Still makes me wonder how the world map will be handled. Or if they'll opt to make it more linear like FFX

They better ask someone with experience of splitting a game with a world map onto 3 or more seperate discs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kowan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

If each part is a full game and the others will be treated like sequels then that's fine to me. Every part should contain all the things you could normally do in a final fantasy game. Now since they haven't really announced how they're separating the story of FF7 or which other ff7 games' or media(advent children) story they are incorporaring into the entirety of the story then how that will go is still uncertain.

ya its not fine to me, if its waiting like a year between releases,then thats bad to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Kowan said:
StarOcean said:
I was discussing this with the other VGChartz staff a few days ago, how would the world map even work in an episodic FF7? :S

They said it is episodic:

Pavolink said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series. Please tell us more about this decision.

Kitase: “The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy VII would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning. We still can’t share more information about its multiple parts, but please look forward to future announcements.”

Nomura: “If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarized. We’d have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts.

Kitase: “As you can see in the trailer, we showed Sector 1 and Sector 8, but in those areas alone, I think you can see a lot of density. When you’re remaking the entirety of the original version in that quality, it’s not possible to fit it all in one release.”

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/kitase-and-nomura-explain-why-final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-a-multi-part-series/

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Kowan said:

They said it is episodic:

Pavolink said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series. Please tell us more about this decision.

Kitase: “The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy VII would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning. We still can’t share more information about its multiple parts, but please look forward to future announcements.”

Nomura: “If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarized. We’d have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts.

Kitase: “As you can see in the trailer, we showed Sector 1 and Sector 8, but in those areas alone, I think you can see a lot of density. When you’re remaking the entirety of the original version in that quality, it’s not possible to fit it all in one release.”

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/kitase-and-nomura-explain-why-final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-a-multi-part-series/

They never said it was episodic. Nor did they specifically say it will be like the usual episodic games like twd, lis, etc. But they specifically said each part will be a full game.

Kowan said:
Pavolink said:

They never said it was episodic. Nor did they specifically say it will be like the usual episodic games like twd, lis, etc. But they specifically said each part will be a full game.

Yeah, and the sum of those parts is FFVII, not FFXIII-2 or FFXIII-3.

Pavolink said:
Kowan said:

True, but they did say they're not only adding content, but adding depth to everything.  They also said each installment would have it's own unique story.  So yeah, it's not just a carbon copy of FFVII broken into pieces.  Probably best just to wait for more information before jumping off the ledge, imo.

mornelithe said:
Pavolink said:

True, but they did say they're not only adding content, but adding depth to everything.  They also said each installment would have it's own unique story.  So yeah, it's not just a carbon copy of FFVII broken into pieces.  Probably best just to wait for more information before jumping off the ledge, imo.

My point is that they are not going to release FFVII, and then another story different as FFVII-2 and later another one. More like all the parts will be FFVII with additions, enchancements and I believe they mentioned content cut. Basically a remake.