By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E-sports the biggest megaton to come from PSX

even though i enjoy watching some esports i dont see it being a hit on espn

and for me i dont like cod and im not really into fighters so if thats all they have then i wont be watching

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

And why exactly are you bringing up PC? Everyone knows esports is on PC, literally, since it started on PC. For some reason you have to bring up PC in almost every conversation don't you?

"E-sports is about to become a thing.", it's in the forum "gaming discussion" not "console" or "PS" discussion. |E-sports started with PC going by history so it's only fair it gets mentioned. Not everyone even knows of e-sports, some of my average joe collegues at work nor my folks know anything about e-sports let alone existing in forms of gambling/gaming soy you can't just claim everyone knows and even some casual gamers won't know either.

Why do you have to spite the platform so hard?, it's the main one I game on so of course I'm likely to mention it like how the 2-3 sides on this forum and many others always mention their platform of pref or the platforms in general.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

chapset said:

Dota 2 prize pool was 18 million for 2015 and 11 million for 2014, league at 2 million for both years. league as 64 million monthly players, you still think that's niche?

edit: ho you are talking about console only, my bad

PC doesn't count because everyone knows about it, like absolutely everyone =P, well maybe not the cats and dogs.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Ali_16x said:

And why exactly are you bringing up PC? Everyone knows esports is on PC, literally, since it started on PC. For some reason you have to bring up PC in almost every conversation don't you?

"E-sports is about to become a thing.", it's in the forum "gaming discussion" not "console" or "PS" discussion. |E-sports started with PC going by history so it's only fair it gets mentioned. Not everyone even knows of e-sports, some of my average joe collegues at work nor my folks know anything about e-sports let alone existing in forms of gambling/gaming soy you can't just claim everyone knows and even some casual gamers won't know either.

Why do you have to spite the platform so hard?, it's the main one I game on so of course I'm likely to mention it like how the 2-3 sides on this forum and many others always mention their platform of pref or the platforms in general.

Lol really? It's obvious when you read the thread that he's talking about consoles and the title says PSX which means consoles. 

I feel the need? Your the one who always brings up PC in console discussions.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

Lol really? It's obvious when you read the thread that he's talking about consoles and the title says PSX which means consoles. 

There is like zero ened to just boot out mentioning the other platform when it comes to E-sports and talking about it in general, it started on the platform that made it what it is today, the whole "no gurlz allowed" thing is getting really boring.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Ali_16x said:

There is like zero ened to just boot out mentioning the other platform when it comes to E-sports and talking about it in general, it started on the platform that made it what it is today, the whole "no gurlz allowed" thing is getting really boring.

Right, somehow it's different from when people bring up the PS4 on Xbox One discussions and vice versa. You knew exactly what you were doing. It's a thread talking about how Epsorts are starting to become big on consoles, so there was no reason to bring up PC. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Chazore said:
chapset said:

Dota 2 prize pool was 18 million for 2015 and 11 million for 2014, league at 2 million for both years. league as 64 million monthly players, you still think that's niche?

edit: ho you are talking about console only, my bad

PC doesn't count because everyone knows about it, like absolutely everyone =P, well maybe not the cats and dogs.

you seem to be missing the point. I said megaton and this is related to consoles. and we are on a sales site so this is related to sales. Yes E-sports has been on PC. But what does that do for console sales. This could do more for PS4 sales then anything else announced at PSX or the entire year. And with ESPN backing this then it tells you a lot of people are invested in it. Its not just going to be Sony pushing this cause they want to sell PS4s. It will be everyone that has a stake in it. 

You point out 64M monthly players on PC.. now imagine those kinda numbers on a console. Imagine what it can do for sales of the PS4. Everything is different when you can actually win money and fane from playing your games.  and with Sony's cornering the fighting genre and FPS genres, two areas that could make this really easy to get into, they have practically cornered this emerging market in the console arena. 

Ali_16x said:

Right, somehow it's different from when people bring up the PS4 on Xbox One discussions and vice versa. You knew exactly what you were doing. It's a thread talking about how Epsorts are starting to become big on consoles, so there was no reason to bring up PC. 

I've seen it happen plenty of times when someone brings up Xbox or PS or Nintendo in another thread, even open ones like this (gaming as in full on gaming, no specific platform rules of engagement), hell Basil mentions PS4 from time to time as well as the other plats he plays in our PC megathread and we don't bat an eye at him, we don't tell him to bugger off or strictly adhere to PC only talk because we let him speak his mind. This whole "you damn well know so shut up" isn't really a good reason for me to depart said thread but your general disdain for me is apparent (it's really not hard to tell from you). Either way in the end you are making this into a definite thing to go in circles with until something bad happens and you know where that's going to lead.

Intrinsic said:

you seem to be missing the point. I said megaton and this is related to consoles. and we are on a sales site so this is related to sales. Yes E-sports has been on PC. But what does that do for console sales. This could do more for PS4 sales then anything else announced at PSX or the entire year. And with ESPN backing this then it tells you a lot of people are invested in it. Its not just going to be Sony pushing this cause they want to sell PS4s. It will be everyone that has a stake in it. 

You point out 64M monthly players on PC.. now imagine those kinda numbers on a console. Imagine what it can do for sales of the PS4. Everything is different when you can actually win money and fane from playing your games.  and with Sony's cornering the fighting genre and FPS genres, two areas that could make this really easy to get into, they have practically cornered this emerging market in the console arena. 

Point taken and I can definitely see e-sports becoming a thing on consoles, especially with those 3rd person Moba types too.

I do wish though that we had a topic with both being discussed, that'd be nice once in a while.

Chazore said:
Intrinsic said:

Point taken and I can definitely see e-sports becoming a thing on consoles, especially with those 3rd person Moba types too.

I do wish though that we had a topic with both being discussed, that'd be nice once in a while.

I agree. I have always wondered why mobas never caught on on consoles though. From my understanding its not like you need the most powerful rigs to run them. Is a keyboard and mouse thing? I just don't get it.