By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 new map pack.

De85 said:
As far as old school maps revisited, I really want Boarding Action back. For the longest time I hated it, as did all my friends, but then we made a 2v2 Capture the Flag, snipers only, not even pistols, and it quickly became my favorite, passing hang em high and blood gulch.

Anyone else every play Boarding Action?

Yep, and I played it the exact way you did. We would even go so far as to designate "sides" of the ship. If you spawned on the wrong side, you had to move immediately to the other side before killing anyone. It made for some insane sniper action.

Definitely my favorite map in the first Halo. That and Blood Gulch. Once, we got every vehicle except one inside a building.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
WaSuMaRa said:
tonyb said:
Strategyking92 said:
any news when the heroic map pack price will
A. drop
or
B. be free

It will be free April 15th

On my birthday!! :D

10 days after my birthday! :D    (born april 5th if you can't subtract)  it's my 16th

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

rocketpig said:
De85 said:
As far as old school maps revisited, I really want Boarding Action back. For the longest time I hated it, as did all my friends, but then we made a 2v2 Capture the Flag, snipers only, not even pistols, and it quickly became my favorite, passing hang em high and blood gulch.

Anyone else every play Boarding Action?

Yep, and I played it the exact way you did. We would even go so far as to designate "sides" of the ship. If you spawned on the wrong side, you had to move immediately to the other side before killing anyone. It made for some insane sniper action.

Definitely my favorite map in the first Halo. That and Blood Gulch. Once, we got every vehicle except one inside a building.

We didn't have spawn rules just because playing CtF requires you to cross over.  Just imagine dropping from the fifth floor teleporter to the drop the flag and score, only to get shot on the way down.  By far the best games I ever played.

boarding action..... not my favorite...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I was wrong, the heroic map pack is free on the 25th of March :)

I said April 15th because thats the date for the legendary map pack. The heroic map pack was meant to be free when the Legendary launched.

Around the Network

@ strategyking

Get some friends over and try out capture the flag, snipers only. I was a skeptic too, but this game type changed my mind.

Yay, the third map is a remake of Lockout :) Not official yet but...

people sure do love Halo multiplayer

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

And now it's official, the third map is Blackout, a Lockout remake :)

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13413

Getting the tanks on top of the buildings on blood gulch was so awesome. I'd love it if they brought back all the old maps.