By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UPDATE Prediction on 90+ 2016 Exclusive Titles

Original prediction: Both the PS4 and the WiiU will get a 90+ Metacritic title in 2016. But the XB1 will not.

1st Third of the prediction has been fulfilled. PS4 got its first 90+ of the year.

2nd Third: Zelda for Wii U getting 90+ in 2016. Please Zelda, don't be officially delayed to 2017 :/

3rd Third: Gears 4 not hitting 90+

Be aware that this was made prior to the announcements of Quantum Break going to PC, and Scalebound getting a 2017 release. So it was supposed to be a bold prediction.

Around the Network

Zelda is oficially 2017.
And not march, but TBD. Lol.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Zelda is oficially 2017.

--

Oh Great.

What other WiiU 2016 possible releases could steal a 90+ ?

Azzanation said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:
Azzanation said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:
JNK said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Exclusives on all platforms have been reviewing lower.

Nintendo is responsible for two. MicroSony are yet to have a single one.

If you count third party exclusive stuff, Wii U has three 90+ games and PS4 has one. Who here would claim the Wii U to be three times as good as PS4? And we clearly see the effects 200% more 90+ scored games than the competition combined has had on that consoles sales.

i fact the wii u is way better then the ps4 in terms of exclusives.

But the ps4 has full third party support (GTA, MGSV, Witcher 3, Batman)

You are actually right, if you check the current Metacritic scores, the PS4 has more 90+ games than both the XB1 and the WiiU combined.

PS4 Total 11: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc

XB1 Total 3: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc

WiiU Total 6: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wii-u/filtered?sort=desc

That is almost 2 times the WiiU and 4 times the XB1.

The PROBLEM is, I'm not trying to prove the PS4 games scores superiority, which has been proven many times before.

I just wanted to start a discussion in the form of a prediction. The way I expected it to go was something like: Yes, Microsoft seems to have acknowledged the lack of highly XBox acclaimed titles in the recent years, but fortunately they are making some adjustments. Getting closer to great developers like Crystal Dynamics, Platinum games and Remedy Entertainment could actually be what the XBox brand needs to compete with the other big 2 in the critic's eyes.

Instead, what I got was something like: PS4 rules, XB1 drools. Great job guys, lol

So your including 3rd party games including alot of PC multiplats on that list? 80% of that list isnt made or own by Sony. So i guess PC is the best platform because it has all the 90+ metacritic games availble.

You will actually be surprised.

If you compare the games released during the same period, there are 6 games scored 90+ or higher for PC.

1) Grand Theft Auto V
2) Undertale *
3) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5) The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
6) Dark Souls II

* Only one of those games is PC exclusive.

Meanwhile, during the same period, there are 11 games scored 90+ on PS4

01) Grand Theft Auto V
02) The Last of Us Remastered *
03) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
04) Journey *
05) Bloodborne *
06) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
07) Flower *
08) Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
09) Shovel Knight
10) Rayman Legends
11) Fez

4 of those games are PlayStation Exclusives.

I'm as shocked as you are, but the PS4 in the same amount of months is currently 2:1 against PC.

I know what you are thinking, but Shovel Kinight its on PC as well right? Well, certain games score better on certain systems. Just like The Binding of Isaac scored better on PC than on PS4.

--

If you want to go all time PlayStation vs PC. PlayStation actually has the upper hand in the metacritic scores, specially because AAA developers didn't release most of their games on PC until recent years.

Finally, if you dislike including Multiplats in the discussion, then you probably need to remember that PC is not necessarily the best place for exclusives, so make up your mind on what you actually want from this discussion.

IMPORTANT: This is not a consoles war post. But as you can see, I don't condone people that take their opinion as a fact without doing research first. Also, can we keep it topic based, so that I can finally stop replying to offtopic posts.

Fez

Raymond Legends

Shovel Knight

Diablo 3

Are all on PC, i dont understand your list.

There are only 4 games on that list that the PC does not have and one is availble on a last generation console.

It just shows how unreliable Metacritic is for a genuine barometer on quality.

You've got a couple of things which prevent Meta being a genuine like for like comparison across platforms.

You need a minimum number of reviews to officially have a meta. Publishers tend to send 1 format out for reviews so one will generally get far more reviews than the others. This leads to much fewer reviews on the other platforms leading to extreme (either side) reviews having a much bigger impact on that particular platform's overall score, than you would have got with the platform with more reviews.

In the PC's case, the only people reviewing PC versions (generally a console ver is the review code) are people with much higher technical expectations from the game than the console reviewers would have. This I would say generally makes it much harder for a PC release to get the same score as a home console version, even if the technical limitations of the PC ver (30fps lock for example) are a staple of the home console ver too but, ignored by the reviewers of that particular format.

Meta reviews don't take into account platform diversity. Some people are reviewing a game as a game for a particular platform. Others are reviewing the game, but also comparing that particular platform's release against alternative versions. But this is not distinguished in the overall score.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

@ MikeRox 20 minutes ago

This is why the thread was supposed to be about exclusives alone.

But then, it went dark.

Around the Network
The_BlackHeart__ said:
Zelda is oficially 2017.

--

Oh Great.

Paper Mario needs to be very good, but reception has not been very positive.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The_BlackHeart__ said:
Zelda is oficially 2017.

--

Oh Great.

The only 'big' hitters the Wii U really has this year are the new Paper Mario and #FE, should give you a good answer

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi