By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X Tech Analysis (Digital Foundry)

Solid framerate but there's clear cuts like static low resolution shadow maps, severe aliasing, trilinear texture filtering, low resolution alpha, some lower resolution textures and lower draw distance ...

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Wyrdness said:

It's big but not in comparison to the type of games you're comparing it to, Fallout 4, XCX, GTA and so on are all far bigger with much more going on in the map while being seamless that's why the comparison is off.

It's like saying Twilight Princess is big which it was for the time when compared to most games and ran well but it still was nowhere near the size of games like San Andreas.

It's more than big enough to be considered an open world game, so I was comparing it to all games that fit in that catagory. Like I said, it's size doesn't matter. It's an open world game and it runs better than all those other examples.

TP isn't an open world game, so it would not have been brought up.

That's the thing MGSV is like TP as it's a bunch of big areas that aren't seamless calling MGSV open world is a question in itself as it's borderline at best, that's why the comparison is off and whether you like it or not size here does matter as that's what the techincal aspects are taking into account and MGSV is far smaller while Fallout 4, Just Cause, XCX and so on are not only far bigger then MGSV but are seamless worlds with more going on in them.

JRPGfan said:
Glad its rock solid at 30.
Sad they had to use so many differnt ways to keep it there, with the graphics they have.
It talks to the shortcomeings of the Wii Us performance, if this game had been on a PS4, there wouldnt have been alot of those issues, and the game could most likely have looked alot better.

That said... Im getting this game :)
I loved the first one on the wii.

It would look alot better on PC.

fatslob-:O said:
Solid framerate but there's clear cuts like static low resolution shadow maps, severe aliasing, trilinear texture filtering, low resolution alpha, some lower resolution textures and lower draw distance ...

Every game cuts corners.

Legacy said:
JRPGfan said:
Sad they had to use so many differnt ways to keep it there, with the graphics they have.
It talks to the shortcomeings of the Wii Us performance, if this game had been on a PS4, there wouldnt have been alot of those issues, and the game could most likely have looked alot better.

Only for people that resently spent 500$ or more on hardware for their pc.

But yeah... it would have.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Legacy said:
JRPGfan said:

Only for people that resently spent 500$ or more on hardware for their pc.

But yeah... it would have.

But PC is an investment way more profitable than a console, you can do so many important things on a PC compared to a console is almost incredible to me that people choses to spend money on a console with 98% of the same games with worse quality when they have a shitty pc. And you can upgrade it little by little for a lot of years instead of wasting another 400$ in a new console.

Thankfully some consoles still have enough exclusives to justify its existence.

Legacy said:

Every game cuts corners.

Compared to off-line rendered films, yes but with some of the current platforms we can get acceptable image quality ... 

Legacy said:

Every game cuts corners.

Compared to off-line rendered films, yes but with some of the current platforms we can get acceptable image quality ... 

If you think this game has not an acceptable image quality I think you need to see a doctor man.

Goodnightmoon said:

If you think this game has not an acceptable image quality I think you need to see a doctor man.

The peoples vote with their wallets and industry say otherwise ... 

Goodnightmoon said:

The peoples vote with their wallets and industry say otherwise ... 

Yeah, the people says Taylor Swift and Pitbull are 2 of the very best musicians in the world.

I lose the count of the people that though this was a ps4 game when I first show to them, but sure, the image quality is terrible, I mean, it has no light scattering!! what an ugly and unplayable game.