By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I'm not sure whether Amazon should be doing this:

List Price: $399.99 (?) $350 surely?
Price: $323.98 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $76.01 (19%)

That's the price of the PS4 standalone according to Amazon. Shouldn't that be a saving of $26?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

That's the price of the PS4 standalone according to Amazon. Shouldn't that be a saving of $26?

Did Sony actually drop the price of the stand alone ps4.  Press release only spoke of bundles.  

gtjay1982 said:

Did Sony actually drop the price of the stand alone ps4.  Press release only spoke of bundles.  

It was an across the board price drop and the only bone of contention was whether it was actually a $100 price drop or a $50 price drop, and that was largely to do with the fact every PS4 came with a game. There's no way Sony would give you a game with bundles for $350 and keep the standalone at $400. That makes no sense whatsoever. That would mean you were getting a PS4 for $100 cheaper when you bought a bundle.

The PS5 Exists. 

gtjay1982 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah, it's totally wrong to do this when bundles cost $350 but the RRP of the standalone is still $400.

GribbleGrunger said:

It was an across the board price drop and the only bone of contention was whether it was actually a $100 price drop or a $50 price drop, and that was largely to do with the fact every PS4 came with a game. There's no way Sony would give you a game with bundles for $350 and keep the standalone at $400. That makes no sense whatsoever. That would mean you were getting a PS4 for $100 cheaper when you bought a bundle.

I think the stand alone isn't on there because all PS4s come with a game now. If I remember correctly, PS4 + TLOU replaced the standalone.

So the standalone didn't get a price cut.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
gtjay1982 said:

Yeah, it's totally wrong to do this when bundles cost $350 but the RRP of the standalone is still $400.

It's deception. 

CosmicSex said:

It's deception. 

I don't know what to think. It's clearly misleading but the RRP is still $400.

Does anybody know the current status of the standalone of the PS4 in the US? It seems strange that the PS4 standalone is still in stock when I though Sony replaced the standalone with the TLOU bundle earlier this year. Is the current status of the standalone discontinued or do Sony still supply them to the US?

22 hours since last update:

#18 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#27 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (down 3)
#40 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 11)
#65 N3DS Black (up 2)
#81 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#94 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 24)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

5 hours since last update:

#25 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 7)
#30 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (down 3)
#46 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 6)
#76 N3DS Black (down 11)
#77 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 1 in the top 100

I've given it a bit more thought and perhaps you folks were right about Sony playing it perfectly. I just thought they could have preformed better on Amazon, but perhaps they had a certain amount of stock and decided to distribute it across the bricks and mortar retailers rather than risk giving Amazon a huge chunk. I think games will once again become the main driving force for sales and January is when it all kicks off with several titles. I really hope we don't have to spend another year of writing lists to prove reality or talking about how Christmas is what it's all about.

January 2016:

Amplitude (PS4 – PSN) – January 5 (NA & EU)
Hardware: Rivals (PS4 – PSN) – January 5 (NA & EU)
Rebel Galaxy (PS4 – PSN) – January 5 (NA)
Act It Out! A Game of Charades (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (EU)
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend Demo (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA), January 13 (EU)
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA & EU)
Gone Home (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA & EU)
Rebel Galaxy (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (EU)
Tharsis (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA & EU)
The Banner Saga (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA & EU)
Gemini: Heroes Reborn (PS4 – PSN) – January 19 (NA & EU)
Life Is Strange (PS4 – Retail) – January 19 (NA), January 22 (EU)
Resident Evil 0 (PS4, PS3 – PSN) – January 19 (NA & EU)
Resident Evil Origins Collection (PS4 – Retail) – January 19 (NA), January 22 (EU)
Stardust Vanguards (PS4 – PSN) – January 19 (NA)
The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4 – PSN) – January 19 (NA)
Zombi (PS4 – Retail) – January 21 (EU)
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, PS3, PS Vita – Retail & PSN) – January 26 (NA), January 29 (EU)
The Witness (PS4 – PSN) – January 26 (NA & EU)
Constructor HD (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – January 29 (NA & EU)
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – January 29 (NA & EU)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4 – PSN) – January 29 (NA & EU)

Also Scheduled for Release in January 2016:

Baseball Riot (PS4, PS Vita – PSN)
Battlefield Hardline ‘Getaway’ DLC (PS4, PS3 – PSN)
Dead Secret (PS4, PS3 – PSN, cross-buy)
Gunscape (PS4 – PSN)
Klaus (PS4 – PSN)

There's plenty there to keep people happy.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Gone Home (PS4 – PSN) – January 12 (NA & EU)
The Witness (PS4 – PSN) – January 26 (NA & EU)

Those 2 are definite buys for me.

I'm a massive fan of Braid (got all those frickin hidden stars) and can't wait to see what Johnathan Blow does next. Gone Home just appeals to me. I would seriously buy a Steam box just for games like this.