By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Xbox has this month in the bag... on vgchartz!

Around the Network

8 hours since last update:

#21 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#25 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 2)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 1)
#55 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 6)
#69 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 2)
#76 N3DS Black (down 3)
#86 PS4 Fools Edition (down 5)
#96 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 6)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 3 in the top 100

I'm talking about Amazon, not any other retailers, and I'm not judging it on the hourlies I'm judging it on the fact the XB1 has been in the lead in the hourlies for 6 days now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Maybe I'm not reading the weekly updates right but doesn't it show that the bo3 bundle is leading for week 4. I don't Sony could of sold much more than they are now on Amazon when you consider that were constantly selling out at $299. I'm sure Sony is going to exceed their sales goals for the year. Don't think they are overly concerned about their sales performance at specific retailers.

GribbleGrunger said:

8 hours since last update:

#21 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#25 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 2)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 1)
#55 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 6)
#69 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 2)
#76 N3DS Black (down 3)
#86 PS4 Fools Edition (down 5)
#96 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 6)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 3 in the top 100

I'm talking about Amazon, not any other retailers, and I'm not judging it on the hourlies I'm judging it on the fact the XB1 has been in the lead in the hourlies for 6 days now.

Yeah but it's seemingly having very little impact on the monthlies/weeklies though isnt it? Which would suggest the gaps for this week is so slim that it's having no or little impact, so the damage was already done in the first 3 weeks, which as been said by people would be massively bigger in terms of sales because most people who havent ordered a console by then will be going into a shop to buy it. So as the gap is slim we can say that week 4 was close, but all the other weeks were big towards PS4.

Seems to me that Sony has played it just right,...

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:

Gribble isn't the sharpest pencil out there.

You can say what you like about me but never ever call me stupid. I eat stupid people for breakfast.

Are you a giant or dictator?

Didn't say stupid I said you aren't sharpest =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:

You can say what you like about me but never ever call me stupid. I eat stupid people for breakfast.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

He is too sensible to take the truth.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

bluemd said:
Xbox has this month in the bag... on vgchartz!

I see what you did here... but it's true.

GribbleGrunger said:
OneKartVita said:
You can't judge Christmas week using online stores. people tend to buy in store that week to guarantee they have their purchase before Christmas day.

Also wow at those battlefront stats. Only 10% of players are on pc. That's really low.

The bigger increase in Xbox numbers suggests more kids have the console as they got it on Christmas from Santa.

Yes, I said that in my last post AGAIN. Should we ignore the fact that the XB1 is currently outselling the PS4 on Amazon or does that theory only apply to the PS4? The XB1 is in the lead and has been for quite some time now and the reason is clear. I'm sure there are better deals elsewhere but the fact remains that price is a bigger driver (at the moment) than the Star Wars franchise (on AMAZON). Am I supposed to find a pseudo logical reason why I should ignore the current trend because I'm a Sony fan, because right now I'm saying things I've said before when it favoured the PS4 but didn't once get pulled up about.

But nothing you said pertains to that. It has nothing to do with being a "Sony fan." We can discuss Amazon trends, this is a Amazon thread after all. But your post reads like you were making broad generalisations about Sony's strategy, and popularity of the COD and SW bundles, based off Amazon's hourly chart. You claimed, and i quote-

"Generally speaking, Sony's strategy has been spot on this generation but I think this is one case in which things haven't gone as expected. Star Wars doesn't sem to have pushed the PS4 as much as I think Sony expected and the Black Ops 3 Bundle hasn't done as well as expected either. Price seems to be the only driving force at the moment."

We have reports of the opposite happening. Using the hourly to infer that PS4 bundles are not doing as good as Sony hoped frankly doesn't make any sene. Especially since, again, insiders on gaf say the SW bundle is still selling extremely well.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:

well you are what you eat. and if you eat stupid people, then you are one of them. 

Playstation_awaiter said:
poklane said:
OneKartVita said:
You can't judge Christmas week using online stores. people tend to buy in store that week to guarantee they have their purchase before Christmas day.

Also wow at those battlefront stats. Only 10% of players are on pc. That's really low.

The bigger increase in Xbox numbers suggests more kids have the console as they got it on Christmas from Santa.

Even tho XB1 got the bigger percentual increase (XB1: 190.66%, PS4: 107.17%) PS4 had the bigger increase in number of players (XB1: 96.421, PS4: 105.297, a difference of 8876)

which suggests ps4 is the console the majority of kids are getting.

Yes but a higher % of kids play xbox than Playstation on the respective platforms.  Not talking about total numbers.