By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Watching Amazons stock problems this year, especially regarding PS4s, has made their stock management team look amateur at best. It seems to show that they work on every day averages too often instead of future trends. From memory their stock of Batman, Destiny TK, UCC and now both Star wars bundles has shown that they are gambling on lower intake numbers and failing with those gambles every time.

Around the Network

SW bundle out of stock again, lol.

Needs another emergency Fulton delivery

12 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#14 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 8)
#38 N3DS Black (down 2)
#85 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 15)
#89 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (re-entry)

PS4 - 3 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 1 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($410)
Three Game Bundle ($350)
Tombraider Bundle ($362)
Elite Bundle ($449)

PS4 Deals:
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)
Black Ops 3 ($350)

WiiU/3DS Deals:
N3DSXL ($175)

There isn't any point in tagging a bundle as 'out of stock' because at any given moment Amazon could be selling them for third parties. That's why sometimes the bundle still goes up occasionally. Isn't it strange how we don't see the Black Ops 3 bundle as a deal. We seem to have forgotten that the console is supposed to be $350 ... Funny how that worked out.

The PS5 Exists. 

Star wars bundle will do the damage at retail not online especially this soon before Christmas.

In terms of NPD the fact it's going out of stock in 1 or two places is a good thing. It means their stock is being tested somewhat but overall they have enough.

Which is good because you don't want a million of the things lying around in January. The train needs to keep on rolling!

BraLoD said:
Getting SW bundles out of stock now is a really bad sign of stock management.
Somebody head will roll out this year, Amazon looks like doesn't have a clue about how to handle PlayStation 4 stocks. This means they are losing chances to make more money.

I think it's safe to say they're opporating at full capacity this year. If that's all they can produce there's nothing they can do about it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

12 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#14 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 8)
#38 N3DS Black (down 2)
#85 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 15)
#89 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (re-entry)

XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

I only see 1 XB1 in top 100, or i am missing something !

Saeko said:

I only see 1 XB1 in top 100, or i am missing something !

Yeah, I forgot to change.

The PS5 Exists. 

We have no idea how many PS4s amazon stocked. Amazon not being able to match the PS4 demand could be a good thing. It could just mean that the ps4 is selling that well. Cause I'm sure Sony (if they could) would have made sure that they send amazon at least more consoles than they did for November. And if they couldn't, then again.... that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Uncharted at #10 in the yearly
Star wars at #30

Notbadombama.gif

9 hours since last update:

#03 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 2)
#13 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#38 N3DS Black (down 2)
#71 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 14)
#85 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (up 4)
#94 PS4 Black Ops 3 (re-entry)

XB1 - 7 bundles, 1 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:

Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($410)
Three Game Bundle ($350)
Tombraider Bundle ($362)
Elite Bundle ($449)

PS4 Deals:
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)

WiiU/3DS Deals:
N3DSXL ($175)

It's weird that the $521 Black Ops 3 Bundle is in the charts and yet number one on the movers and shakers is the $350 Black Ops Bundle. I've checked and there isn't a link in the $521 version to the cheaper bundle.

The PS5 Exists.