Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for someone who has never played FF7

What should I do?

Play the original, then the remake 71 61.21%

Wait for the remake 45 38.79%

Total:116
PieToast said:
BraLoD said:

PS1 graphics are charming, people should not tolerate them, should love them XP

But according to David Cage, the more polygons the characters have the more emotions they have. Because polygons are inversely proportional to emotion, and people can't empathize with characters without emotions, we can conclude that PS1 graphic suck and can only be tolerated for their lack of emotion/polygons.

Or that David Cage is a hack

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
JMD said:

It's a very special game. It has to be to overcome the fact that it's almost 20 years old and I'm playing it now for the first time. It has certain game mechanics and innovations that amazingly are still unspurassed almost 20 years later. I don't know if you've played Dragon Age Inquisition but that game attempts to have a sort've "run your own castle" system like in Suikoden II and it pales in comparison to Suikoden's. Other things like the 6 character battle system, the best sprite art I think I've ever seen, the timeless soundtrack and the unique strategy segments. I wish someone like Sony would purchase this dormant series off of Konami and make a Suikoden 6, hiring core people from the previous games. I find it staggering that Suikoden II has a metascore of 8.1. FFXIII for example is an 8.3.

Suikoden II is still the only one I've played. I've purchased the first game but haven't played it yet as Suikoden III is meant to come out any day now in my territory and I'd rather play that first.

Love the idea of Sony getting the band back together. The first game is rough, but if you manage to 100% it (getting all 108 stars), you'll get an amazing treat in #2. In fact, you'll just appreciate #2 all the more after playing #1.

#3 is good, but it changes the formula a bit; I initially hated it. On my second attempt I found killing the optional bosses strewn throughout made it a much better game. Also, once you've played through it, the manga adaptation is a fun read. 11 volumes long IIRC. I completely forget what loading your Suikoden 2 save does for #3.

Is the second game REALLY that good? I've played the first one after people losing their minds over the re-release on PSN and I just could not bring myself to finish it (I was probably 2/3 done). It wasn't bad, it was just... really average. Underwhelming because of the hype I guess.

I've never played more than a few minutes of the first Final Fantasy but I would be inclined to playing the original game before any remaster.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I'd recommend you play the original. I did it for the first time earlier this year and I don't regret one bit. It has a good plot, the music is stellar and the characters are stupidly likable.

I'm buying a PS4 just for the remake.

For the best experience I'd say wait for the Remake. Because I imagine it to be awesome to play and experience for the first time.

I just played it a year ago on Vita and it plays and looks great.

Around the Network

I still say play the original. From the sound of it, the remake will be released in multiple parts, 2 or 3 I'm assuming, and they'll be comparable to full length games. So, if you take into consideration how long full length rpg's from square take to compete, we may be into the ps5 era by the time the remake is completely released.