By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 has sold-through 30.2 million units worldwide

OneKartVita said:
Smart announcing it before black friday. Just remind all the parents out there which console is dominating. Because the last thing they want is to buy them another only for the child to be sad he can't play online with his friends because they're all on ps4.

Personally I find this number incredible because Sony hasn't even used it's big guns yet. next year is going to be even bigger for it.

Another what?.

What's wrong with getting the other systems like at all?. Why is it a bad thing for a parent to buy their child or gify anyone else a system that's not a PS4?. Why does this have to be turned into the worst case imaginable for someone to be gifted a different system let alone to their child?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
OneKartVita said:
Smart announcing it before black friday. Just remind all the parents out there which console is dominating. Because the last thing they want is to buy them another only for the child to be sad he can't play online with his friends because they're all on ps4.

Personally I find this number incredible because Sony hasn't even used it's big guns yet. next year is going to be even bigger for it.

Another what?.

What's wrong with getting the other systems like at all?. Why is it a bad thing for a parent to buy their child or gify anyone else a system that's not a PS4?. Why does this have to be turned into the worst case imaginable for someone to be gifted a different system let alone to their child?.

Another console of course.  

Because kids are fickle. They want a ps4 to play with their friends and they get another console they're not gonna be happy as they'll feel left out.  They'll still want that ps4 which is an unnecessary cost for the parent.  

I'm not just talking about the US where most friends circles will be split between Playstation and xbox.  Many countries have massive ratios in favour of Playstation.  It's utterly obliterating the competition outside the UK and US.  

twintail said:
I'm surprised they didn't just wait until PSX. But good for Sony.

They had to get it out of the way so they can announce 35m sold at PSX^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Roronaa_chan said:

Just like I expected. We told ya..

When the EA guy said his estimate for combined sales of both systems, I predicted around 34.5M ps4s and 17M X1s (real numbers, not VGC tracking). Still on track.

PS4 will be well over 34.5 million at the end of the year. That's only 4.3 million for BF week + December. That's less than what PS4 did last year. PS4 will be between 35 and 36 million by the end of the year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Funny, Ps4 is undertracked by almost 2 Million Units, while the Xbone is overtracked like maybe... 2 Million units? ;) or even more

- Moderated, Carl

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:

Because kids are fickle. They want a ps4 to play with their friends and they get another console they're not gonna be happy as they'll feel left out.  They'll still want that ps4 which is an unnecessary cost for the parent.  

I'm not just talking about the US where most friends circles will be split between Playstation and xbox.  Many countries have massive ratios in favour of Playstation.  It's utterly obliterating the competition outside the UK and US.  

I don't see it being an inherently bad thing to gift your child a different system at all, only the super and over competitive people care about that, if everyone did then only one system would exist each gen which of course isn't the case (thank god).

Not all kids are as fickle as you claim them to be, it's easy to call them indecisive or stupid but not all of them are generally speaking, I'm seeing kids sing tablets and phones at younger ages than my generation was years and years ago, next door neighbours kid I've known for years got into PC gaming at age 11 because I played Age of Empires III with him, built his first rig at age 13 and now he's 15 with his mates mostly into both consoles and PC's, his lot weren't so fickle and it's proof that all kids aren't. Also throughout the years he and his older sister had always bought all the other systems but they never chose the supposed "dominators" based on sales numbers or such data like that, especially the parents who are just as unlikely to look into sales data like how you would because you are of a different crowd.

At the end of the day it still doesn't matter who's getting atom smashed in one country or another, it still doesn't make it a super bad thing to gift or buy someone another system. Please stop trying to excuse or make reasons why it's obecjtively bad for such a subjective matter.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
OneKartVita said:

I don't see it being an inherently bad thing to gift your child a different system at all, only the super and over competitive people care about that, if everyone did then only one system would exist each gen which of course isn't the case (thank god).

Not all kids are as fickle as you claim them to be, it's easy to call them indecisive or stupid but not all of them are generally speaking, I'm seeing kids sing tablets and phones at younger ages than my generation was years and years ago, next door neighbours kid I've known for years got into PC gaming at age 11 because I played Age of Empires III with him, built his first rig at age 13 and now he's 15 with his mates mostly into both consoles and PC's, his lot weren't so fickle and it's proof that all kids aren't. Also throughout the years he and his older sister had always bought all the other systems but they never chose the supposed "dominators" based on sales numbers or such data like that, especially the parents who are just as unlikely to look into sales data like how you would because you are of a different crowd.

At the end of the day it still doesn't matter who's getting atom smashed in one country or another, it still doesn't make it a super bad thing to gift or buy someone another system. Please stop trying to excuse or make reasons why it's obecjtively bad for such a subjective matter.

If a kid wants a ps4, which most who want a console do and he gets another he'll not be happy.  

That's all. This isn't a debate just my opinion.  if you disagree then more power to you

OneKartVita said:

If a kid wants a ps4, which most who want a console do and he gets another he'll not be happy.  

That's all. This isn't a debate just my opinion.  if you disagree then more power to you

If a kid wants a different system then that's what they want, that's how it'll work for most kids.

It's cool that it's your opinion, I just don't want you think it's a bad thing for kids or anyone else wanting to choose or be gifted other systems or making it a bad thing that they are.

binary solo said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Just like I expected. We told ya..

When the EA guy said his estimate for combined sales of both systems, I predicted around 34.5M ps4s and 17M X1s (real numbers, not VGC tracking). Still on track.

PS4 will be well over 34.5 million at the end of the year. That's only 4.3 million for BF week + December. That's less than what PS4 did last year. PS4 will be between 35 and 36 million by the end of the year.

Eh? I'm pretty sure it was 5.6 in the whole period of Nov+Dec. I expect Nov WW sales so far to be 1.6-1.8M so with extra 4.3M that's basically 6M for the same period, up by 400k. Slightly conservative? Maybe, but for now I'm going with that, there's still a couple of unknown factors I need to see.

So how high will the Ps4 be by years end. Shipment will be extremely high. I wonder will sell through keep up.

Either way the ps2 glory days are back. What a time we live in. If Sony are smart they'll use this domination as leverage to get support of a few franchises again that they've lost. Even if it's just multiplatform like with Dragon Quest 11. Get onto capcom and get that console version of monster hunter Sony!

I would say vita too but the thought of that just makes me sad :'(