By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shigesato Itoi Explains, Once Again, Why Mother 4 is "Totally Impossible" ='(

Tagged games:

how about a remake for the three games, that could also be a good move for Nintendo.

Around the Network

What would be cool though, is if they completely remade the originals... like same story and turn based battles, but graphically redone. 3d graphics, 3d battles, it would take alot of time, but that would be amazing.

Lawlight said:
NoirSon said:

People want what they can't have. The second game in the series Earthbound is a classic, not so much for its story or gameplay but because of the music and tone that made it a unique and fun RPG in sea of generic fantasy and sci fi stuff that normally dominates the genre. Mother 3 is the final game and was hyped up for years as Earthbound 64 before they moved it over to the GBA. Earthbound fans all probably know about the story which is a little more ambitious then the previous games but many would like to see the final product. It may not match the superb localization of Earthbound but many would like to give it a shot to see if it can recapture the magic.

I've played and completed Mother 3 actually and it's quite good unlike Earthbound.

That is your opinion, I am think they are all above average RPGs gameplay wise but the classic status comes from the unique charm, tone and settings the games compared to contempories.

At this point unless Itoi gives his consent (I believe he is respected enough that they would ask for this whether it is a new sequel or remake), I don't think Nintendo will nor would want to make another game in the Mother series. It already has spiriatual successors out there and the fact is a new Mother game won't do them nearly as well as a new Animal Crossing.