By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes: PS4 is terrorist communication device

Paul Tassi has written an...... Interesting article over at Forbes, it cites news that a ps4 was found in one of the Paris terror suspects apartments. 

Have a read here;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/11/14/why-the-paris-isis-terrorists-used-ps4-to-plan-attacks/

Basically he is saying it is more difficult to follow chatter across peer to peer devices than a simple phone and that there are various ways terrorists could use the system to communicate their plans. Some of them are pretty hilarious. 

Around the Network

I wouldn't really call the potential methods listed here hilarious...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
I wouldn't really call the potential methods listed here hilarious...

If you find that I have said something in bad-taste I apologise but the whole spelling out an attack in coins in mario maker actually sounds quite funny....  

I don't want to be a douche and make a joke, but imagine if they played COD or something while doing it.

Seriously. It's not like phones where the government pays close attention to everything.

it would be mindblowing if they literally talked about the terrorist attack while playing a game. Unlike the Xbone, there's now no one(or barely anyone) who pays attention to everything, which will make it easier for you to say things without getting caught.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
I don't want to be a douche and make a joke, but imagine if they played COD or something while doing it.

Seriously. It's not like phones where the government pays close attention to everything.

it would be mindblowing if they literally talked about the terrorist attack while playing a game. Unlike the Xbone, there's now no one(or barely anyone) who pays attention to everything, which will make it easier for you to say things without getting caught.

It's a lot more likely than the Mario coins anyway. 

Around the Network

I can't handle the irony.

They are using the plots of the games to actually plan the dates:

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

PS2 was a nuclear threat do to it's computational power...so...why not?

Iraq was allegedly trying to use thousands of PS2s to create a cluster/poor man's supercomputer to develop nuclear weapons. This is different as the PS4 was being used as a peer to peer communications device.

Pretty misleading.

PS3 not 2 and the usa was doing the same thing