By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015: the PS4 has already sold over 1 million in Japan (November 8th)

The greatest PS4 game next year for Japanese Gamer ?

Persona 5 28 32.18%

Street Fighter 5 5 5.75%

Star Ocean 5 6 6.90%

World of Final Fantasy 0 0%

Naruto UNS4 1 1.15%

Final Fantasy 15 37 42.53%

One Piece - Fightgame 0 0%

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 2 2.30%

Yakuza 6 5 5.75%

other game !!! 3 3.45%

Total:87

This year, the PS4 has already sold over 1 million copies in Japan. Better than last year. We have the November 8th now.

For comparison, 2015:

PS4 2015 in Japan, now: 1.007.971

PSVita 2015 in Japan, now: 778.390

XboxOne 2015 in Japan, now: 15.955

A total of (Japan only): PS4: 1.978.638! Next week: 2 Million :)

For next year, one of the greatest years of PS4 is expected. Media Create

Info: In the first quarter 2016 - release  in japan for PS4: Star Ocean 5, Attack on Titan, Street Fighter 5, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Yakuza 1 Remake, Resident Evil Zero&1 Collection and more.

Around the Network

I follow Japan sales and this is indeed very impressive considering so many of its games are on the ps3, vita or both. Next year will be even bigger despite some of its big games like attack on titan, star Oceon, Persona 5, dragon quest builders, dragon quest heroes and more also on ps3, vita and some times both.

But 2017 should be the start of psv/ps4 only games and that will be great too. The ps4 has a great future ahead of it and thanks to how smart Sony were building the thing it will reach some really affordable prices in the years to come.

Shame on you for including a spinoff like WOFF but not DQXI in the polls.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DQ 11 - its coming to 100 % next year for PS4 in japan ? i think, summer - winter or the first quarter 2017. but no plan, maybe you are right ^^ : D

Awesome news

Around the Network

And it should be at 2 million LTD in Japan this week if it sells 22k. Good things are coming for the PS4. I think in terms of sales, FF XV will be the biggest game(no surprise lol)..

FF15 for the hardware, yes ^^ persona 5 and ff15 are so big

Decent numbers. Nothing great, but it's not bad either. That said, 2016 will probably smash those numbers, I'm sure it'll be an amazing year!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Hopefully this means less JRPGs on handhelds and more on consoles. Love my Vita and 3DS, but the PS4 needs JRPGs too.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Kudos to Sony