By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dreams Is A Business Opportunity (This Looks Incredible)

I couldn't help looking at this and thinking about the potential for people who can afford to buy a 3D printer. I can see someone making a business out of producing models in Dreams and then selling them off for a decent amount of money. This was done in Dreams then printed and painted by MM. I think most people will agree that it looks very professional:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Could copyright be involved if someone goes for that venture? Like having to pay royalties for creating with Dreams?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Could copyright be involved if someone goes for that venture? Like having to pay royalties for creating with Dreams?

I don't see why. They're your creations. If you copy something they've made then perhaps they would but I doubt they'd persue anyone who creates their own models.

The PS5 Exists. 

I could definitely see Media Molecule and Sony selling the most requested models from Dreams.

IamAwsome said:
I could definitely see Media Molecule and Sony selling the most requested models from Dreams.

I'm talking about a bsiness opportunity for users here, not the company behind the game.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:

You can export sculpts and creations to the pc or engines like unity and unreal in a standardised 3d format, meaning of you have your own 3d printer, you can print pretty much anything 

I don't see why you couldn't use this program to create and print 3D models, but I'm sure there are easier ptograms for 3D modelling.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't see why you couldn't use this program to create and print 3D models, but I'm sure there are easier ptograms for 3D modelling.

The whole point of Dreams is that it makes what was once difficult, easy and fun.

The PS5 Exists. 

Darwinianevolution said:

No, this we be the easiest and cheapest solution for many people.  Learning a 3d modeling program is a chore. This well be a god send for hobbyist  and professional a like. As it would greatly speed up the process to make basic models where they could then  drag them into their normal programs and fine tune. I only hope we can build in a real world measurement.  

GribbleGrunger said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The whole point of Dreams is that it makes what was once difficult, easy and fun.

I know, but if you want to use Dreams as a commercial 3D modelling software, you might want to use more precise and deep options (per example, using keyboard and mouse instead of the dualshock).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.