By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

4 Hint: 9th installment
Hint 2: 1st 4 games released on Nintendo consoles, but then the 5-10 installments did not. 11 and 12 had quiet releases on nintendo consoles and recently a spinoff crossover released on 3DS.
Hint 3: The latest installment will release in Japan during the month of January

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Hint 2: 1st 4 games released on Nintendo consoles, but then the 5-10 installments did not. 11 and 12 had quiet releases on nintendo consoles and recently a spinoff crossover released on 3DS.
Hint 3: The latest installment will release in Japan during the month of January

I'm going to ask this question, and I'm going to only ask it once....

Is it SMT?

And there we are. The first spot on the podium. These final three games are unshakable to me, and are basically gaming perfection.

One of gaming's great mysteries, there was a huge rumor going around back when this game was big. It said that a certain famous second character was actually playable, supposedly evidenced by some questionable markings on a statue.

S.Peelman said:
And there we are. The first spot on the podium. These final three games are unshakable to me, and are basically gaming perfection.

One of gaming's great mysteries, there was a huge rumor going around back when this game was big. It said that a certain famous second character was actually playable, supposedly evidenced by some questionable markings on a statue.

Super Mario 64

L is real 2401

Clyde32 said:
S.Peelman said:

Super Mario 64

L is real 2401

All too easy it seems.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Farsala said:

Final Fantasy IX?

Nah, 5 and 6 were on Nintendo consoles.

Clyde32 said:
Farsala said:

I'm going to ask this question, and I'm going to only ask it once....

Is it SMT?

I will say again; the hints don't fit SMT.

Farsala said:

I was going to say Romance of the Three Kingdoms but 5 was on SNES

Player2 said:
Farsala said:

5 wasn't as far as I could tell.  I used this
http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_%28series%29

So the answer should be pretty obvious now :).

mZuzek said:
Farsala said:
mZuzek said:
Farsala said:

Final Fantasy IX?

Nah, 5 and 6 were on Nintendo consoles.

I thought so, but I know nothing about Final Fantasy and the other hints seemed to support the idea, so whatever.

Well... I have no idea what game it is, to be honest.

Thats okay, nobody guessed 3 of my other games. Its fun just to get a little bit of recognition for the games I enjoy.

Farsala said:
Player2 said:
Farsala said:

5 wasn't as far as I could tell.  I used this
http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_%28series%29

So the answer should be pretty obvious now :).

It seems the 5th game of the franchise (in chronological order) isn't part V but some kind of spinoff.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/571411-san-goku-shi-eiketsuden

#3: All I can say for now is that he's still in a dream.

Someone fights to find the traitor and kill it. Others fight for a legacy that isn't theirs. One person fights to always make it in time. But there's a certain someone who fights for a free world.

Another hint: Altering the system clock can be fatal for a certain boss.