By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

BraLoD said:
S.Peelman said:

Nope, pretty cold .

It's a sound effect so obvious where when you hear what I'm talking about you'll say "Oh that", and facepalm.

Maybe a low health sound effect, those are annoying sometimes, like in Pokemon or Zelda (knowing your taste for it XP)

I'll go with Zelda, then.

Those can also be annoying, but not what I mean either; not a Zelda game. Would be too much of a generic hint, I wouldn't do that to you guys lol. This is very specific to this game. You're a little closer with those answers though.

When you lose this thing, you'll hear this sound and you'll go "Cr*p, sh*t, gotta get it back! Make it stop. Aaaarggh!". While it moves away and you're frantically jumping around probably making mistakes that get you killed for real.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Those can also be annoying, but not what I mean either; not a Zelda game. Would be too much of a generic hint, I wouldn't do that to you guys lol. This is very specific to this game. You're a little closer with those answers though.

When you lose this thing, you'll hear this sound and you'll go "Cr*p, sh*t, gotta get it back! Make it stop. Aaaarggh!". While it moves away and you're frantically jumping around probably making mistakes that get you killed for real.

Oh, I think I got it. Yoshi's Island?

Lol XD

Yes! I'm talking about crying Baby Mario in Yoshi's Island!

Don't you guys have that? You're completely relaxed playing this game one moment, then the next your heartrate jumps to 180 bpm when Mario floats away and you desperately trying to get him back when the seconds tick away. You die, of course, from bad jumping, drop the controller and look at the ceiling for ten seconds while your heartrate drops again and your only thought being "Sh*t". Brilliant gameplay mechanic.

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
7 Hint: This game let you be the main character of the series and an alien, unlike its predecessor.

Hint 2: FPS with interesting jumping and blast physics. Also interesting sword lunge physics.
Hint 3: Featured 4 player local multiplayer
Hint 4: Comes from a 1st party's most popular franchise

5 Hint: Warriors game that popularized the franchise. (imo)

7. Halo 2

5. Dynasty Warriors 3

Correct, I nominate you to guess all my games now.

mZuzek said:
Well I tried giving it a while before proceeding so I wasn't that far ahead of schedule, but I can't help it. At least now I'm just slightly ahead, I guess.

My #4 is the fourth and latest entry in a franchise that has been around since 1999.

Smash Bros U.

uran10 said:
Platina said:
Previous unanswered hints:

#12 Main heroine’s name is partly named after the town you live in
[Rune Factory 3]
#13 A spin off of a spin off (sort of), where the newest game had the name ‘Advance’ in it, despite being released on the Nintendo DS
[Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift]

New Hints!

#6 Newest game in this franchise, and you still have amnesia
#7 Tales of Tethering
#8 You turn human to beat the final boss
#9 Squid
#10 Multiple endings, one which you die to the boss in chapter 3

#9 Splatoon

Yes

S.Peelman said:
Platina said:

Twilight Princess?

Good guess, but you pernamently turn human to beat the boss (meaning you weren't before)

Remaining Hints:

#6 Newest game in this franchise, and you still have amnesia
#7 Tales of Tethering
#10 Multiple endings, one which you die to the boss in chapter 3

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I just realized that I forgot Final Fantasy Tactics. It should be in my top 10!

To the Edit-Mobile, Robin!!

The super tough pink puff goes through many different adventures, one of the adventures from this game is even featured in super smash bros U for 8 player.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

#3: All I can say for now is that he's still in a dream.

S.Peelman said:

High up in the list we find the highest placed handheld game 'The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening'. It's a brilliant game, more than worthy of the title "best handheld game ever made", yet sadly often overlooked. The original release on the GameBoy is already sufficient for a place this high in the list, but the 'DX' version on the GameBoy Color a couple years later, makes it complete.

It is a very original game for the 'Legend of Zelda' series, where Link, the same Link from 'A Link to the Past' and the 'Oracle' games, is shipwrecked during a storm at sea and finds himself on an unknown island populated by people and talking animals, as well as strange foes. As the story goes on, and not only for a Nintendo game is this one very story-heavy, hints and events allude to a greater mystery that surrounds the island.

This game still amazes me. It is a GameBoy game, but it is one seemingly impossible to have existed on the system. It runs circles around it's "big" console brother released a year earlier in every way and I am not at all bummed by the fact that I have bought this game four times on three different devices. What's also mostly unknown however is that this game actually pioneered much of the series' mainstays. Mini-bosses, bosses with multiple radically different stages, a guide-character, musical instruments with different songs, fishing and collect-a-thon and trading sequence sidequests all started with this game. A truly amazing one at that.

I got this game on the 3DS eShop and the constant item switching and those annoying messages every time you bump into a rock without the proper item equipped really turned me off this game. I wish they'd release an enhanced version with support for more buttons and where the messages appear just once.

Signature goes here!

My frog suit hint.

Gotta go fast in this one, with a few firsts to the series, one of them being so good makes it kinda hard to play the last...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread