By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Cloudman said:
Clyde32 said:

Between the cute girl, elemental powers and tea drinking, I can only think in Cotton (and it isn't Cotton).

Do you mean 100% Cotton, the shooter? It's not Cotton o:

It's a puzzle game kind of similar to tetris.

Yep, 100% Cotton.

Is it a SMT Puyo Puyo game?

Around the Network

Alright nobody plays this game confirmed.

10 Hint: A game quickly rising into my top 3, due to fun and time played. This game features 5v5 pvp as its main staple.
Hint 2: Features a character named Pantheon.
Hint 3: PC only.

Farsala said:

10 Hint: A game quickly rising into my top 3, due to fun and time played. This game features 5v5 pvp as its main staple.

LOL

Hynad said:
Farsala said:

LOL

LOL indeed.

The second game in the 'Anno' series on the list, and the first of the series in general. A real classic among me, a good friend and my mother. In the past, we used to play this game all the time in multiplayer. As such, this is without a doubt, my most played multiplayer game ever. In fact, my friend and me can still play this from time to time.

While the objective is more or less the same, being a much older game than 'Anno 1404' earlier in the list, gameplay is much simpler. In 'Anno 1602's' case though, simpler really is even better. The seamlessness and ease of managing resources and goods to build your city is unparalleled. In another area, combat, the simpler nature is a godsend compared to the more bloated mechanics of later games. Combat is secondary of course, and to be avoided if possible, because the objective is to just make a city as wealthy as possible and 'out-prosper' your rivals.

Interestingly enough, even though it's never mentioned in the game, the manual or the intro-cutscene, I'm pretty sure the game references the 'Golden Age' of my country judging by the architecture of the buildings, the nautical theme, the trading of spices and the exact year "1602" being an important one. Though it has no bearing whatsoever on the excellence of the game, for a Dutch person, that's a nice extra.

Around the Network

I didn't expect many people to know that game. Maybe someone from Germany could have, the Anno series is big there. Anyway, the next one should be familiar to most of you again:

In the béta-version of this game, a certain furry character was replaced by a certain magical turtle.

#8: "Not enough cash... stranger!"

Mr_No said:

Resident Evil 4

Clyde32 said:
Mr_No said:

Resident Evil 4

Yup

9 Hint: It seems you are the only human on the island, but it is still easy for you to make friends.