By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Mr_No said:
#9: A surprisingly good sequel from this duo, in a game titled with a sexual connotation.

Another hint: The main character's voice actor lends his voice to one of the turtles in the animated TMNT movie.

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando?

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Mr_No said:
#9: A surprisingly good sequel from this duo, in a game titled with a sexual connotation.

Another hint: The main character's voice actor lends his voice to one of the turtles in the animated TMNT movie.

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando?

Correct!!

Joining late. Couldn't really find the time to take part in the discussion. But since I've now reached my top 10, might as well try. xD

#10: To this day, it's still one of the most beautiful cell shaded game ever conceived.

#9: It almost disappeared from a far eastern land across the sea.

11 Hint: A game from a major franchise released and still is exclusive on the PS2 after the 360 was already released.
Hint 2: Had cities full of NPCs to talk to, and the world map was quite large so a fast travel system was put in place
Hint 3: Medieval knights with airships.
Hint 4: 6 main characters, but sometimes you can get guests from the main story or side missions.
10 Hint: A game quickly rising into my top 3, due to fun and time played. This game features 5v5 pvp as its main staple.
Hint 2: Features a character named Pantheon.

Clyde32 said:
BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:
#10 - A game that, along with another game of a different franchise, created its own genre with its name.

Either Metroid or Castlevania, hard to tell which you are hinting.

The former.

If this isn't a dead giveaway, I don't know what is.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
11 Hint: A game from a major franchise released and still is exclusive on the PS2 after the 360 was already released.
Hint 2: Had cities full of NPCs to talk to, and the world map was quite large so a fast travel system was put in place
Hint 3: Medieval knights with airships.
Hint 4: 6 main characters, but sometimes you can get guests from the main story or side missions.
10 Hint: A game quickly rising into my top 3, due to fun and time played. This game features 5v5 pvp as its main staple.
Hint 2: Features a character named Pantheon.

11. Final Fantasy XII

I'm noticong our,tastes match a lot xP

Correct!

I play a lot of JRPGs, but I still have much to play like SMT, LoD, Chrono trigger.

Is why 2015 wasn't too bad with DQ heroes, Disgaea 5 (my #30), Tales. 2016 even better with FFXV, Persona 5, SO 5. Hoping those 3 can get into my top 50.

BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:

If this isn't a dead giveaway, I don't know what is.

Heh, thought that one was already accepted.

Right series, wrong game

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

Correct!

I play a lot of JRPGs, but I still have much to play like SMT, LoD, Chrono trigger.

Is why 2015 wasn't too bad with DQ heroes, Disgaea 5 (my #30), Tales. 2016 even better with FFXV, Persona 5, SO 5. Hoping those 3 can get into my top 50.

1.Chrono Trigger didn't make it to my list ( people will want to kill me for this), but 2. it feels like I'm not doing it justice, so I might have to replay it sometime, I don't know.

Well, LoD is basically just me throwing it at everybody because I love it so much, would be nice if you played it, but it's already nice to see it has been effective, my passion for it I mean, as I've been watching more people getting interested on trying it xD

SMT I dunno, but specifically Persona I highly recomend as well, Persona 3 was pure love!

And yeah, excited for this next years as JRPGs are coming back to full force :D

1. Urge to kill RISING!

2. Urge to kill fading

Signature goes here!

Nee? With a second hint then maybe:

Even though the game never explicitly mentions it, I'm pretty sure, considering the year it's set, the theme and the architecture of the buildings, that it's about the glory years of the country I'm from.

Hint 2: You know, because the year it's set in is the year the "VOC" trading company was established in real life, you're primarily trading spices with a fleet of trading ships and have you seen the facades of the houses and the church building?

BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:
BraLoD said:

Heh, thought that one was already accepted.

Right series, wrong game

Super Metroid

Correct.