By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:
Catch up time.

#18 - The amount of content crammed into this game was unbelievable for the hardware it was running on, and the credits for this feat go entirely to just one person, who left us earlier this year.
#17 - In this very popular franchise, most games have a similar, formulaic, and mediocre story, but this one stood out for actually having a more complex one with interesting characters.
#16 - Though it was a more controversial entry in the franchise for its linear approach, it's hardly ever criticized for it as the series had a much more controversial title coming out for the same console 3 years later.
#15 - This open-world game is the only one in this franchise that let you seamlessly explore 3 cities.

#18 was guessed, but I'm keeping it here for hinting's sake. Here's my extra hints:

#18 and #17 both belong to the same franchise.
#16 was the first game in its franchise to utilize motion controls.
#15 - however, there was a previous game in the franchise that had 3 cities, but they were separated levels.

I'm thinking Metroid Prime 3 on 16 and 15 is making me say Assassin's Creed II, but I'm not sure about the "seemless" part...

Around the Network
Leadified said:
Cloudman said:

Not quite... You use baseball bats are frying pans O:

Earthbound.

Ding ding ding : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hint for the #14: "Three Goddamn bullets?! How the hell did you do this with three bullets?!"

BasilZero said:
Clyde32 said:
Clyde32 said:
#16 - 4th gen RPG with several characters.

The numbers were screwed up in the international release

Final Fantasy II/IV

Right series, wrong entry.

S.Peelman said:
Mike321 said:
Forgot to post but now it´s a good time:

Hint for #18: 3rd game of a RPG spin-off where you control a robot with a personal terminal

Hint for #17: The first and only racing game of a popular nintendo character (is not a monkey)

Hint for #16: Two iconic animated characters travel through time

Hint for #15: A popular cola drink mascot gets it´s own action game

17: Kirby Air Ride?

16 has got to be Mario's Time Machine. About time someone has that in this list.

15: Pepsiman? That's also a game right?

You got #17 and #15 right.

mZuzek said:
Mike321 said:
Hint for #16: Two iconic animated characters travel through time

Haven't played this to be sure, but.. A Crack in Time?

No

Around the Network

Extra clues:

Hint for #18: 3rd game of a RPG spin-off where you control a blue robot popular in the NES era with a "personal terminal"

Hint for #16: Two iconic animated characters travel through time. This characters also played basketball with Michael Jordan against some crazy aliens in a movie.

Clyde32 said:
BasilZero said:
Clyde32 said:
Clyde32 said:
#16 - 4th gen RPG with several characters.

The numbers were screwed up in the international release

Final Fantasy II/IV

Let's steal this one from BasilZero... Final Fantasy III/VI

Edit: Damn! Ninja'ed by BraLoD!

Signature goes here!

BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:

Final Fantasy VI

Correct

#15 - The most popular entry of this series that referenced absolutely none of the lore established in the first two entries. This is the remake.

Hint #2 - Ask me 'the question' to find this one out.

mZuzek said:
uran10 said:
uran10 said:
hint #14
A reboot of a really old series and the latest game in said series. This game also has some of the funniest dialogue ever though the controls aren't the best.

Okay another hint: The game can be classified as a Third Person shooter (when on the ground) and a rail shooter when in the air. Its not star fox -_-

Um.. Star.. Fox? Assault? No wait, it can't be Assault, that's not a reboot neither the latest game in the series. Therefore, it has to be Star Fox Zero. Does that mean Star Fox Zero has ground missions? I need to know, please tell me, since you've come from the future. Please.

Oh wait. Maybe you're just talking about Star Fox: Uprising, I mean, Kid Icarus.

Yes, Kid Icarus Uprising -_-

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD