By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Teeqoz said:
S.Peelman said:
Next is a difficult game to guess for a lot of you here, because it's exclusive to Europe.

"[The country] is entirely occupied. Well, not entirely. One small village still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for [the garrisons in the forts surrounding it]."

Asterix & Obelix (that part was easy): Kick Buttix (was the best thing I got from a VGC game database search....)?

I figured that part would be guessed at least, though I'm not sure about the notoriety and common knowledge of Asterix comics in outside Europe, I figured someone would know the IP I was refering to. So, you're correct with Asterix of course.

Kick Buttix, or XXL, however, is not the game. That one was released in the NA as well.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I'm guessing my clues are tough? I'll add two more clues to each game then ;o

1. The main protagonist is a iconic hero
2. There are two movies coming out next year that will have this specific character that is in this game
3. In this game the main protagonist fights against many antagonists
4. The game takes place in one location
5. The main protagonist's name is in the game's title.

1. A Tale of Dragons and Demons
2. The main antagonist is worshipped as a deity in the game
3. The game's narrative/script is poorly written and is a complaint often mentioned by reviewers
4. The most recent release of the franchise that this game is associated with had become both a mobile and a MMO
5. This game was released only on Nintendo consoles but its sequels came out on Playstation consoles and PC.

21: Final Fantasy....  3???

20 Hint: Game is set on only a large island of its namesake continent. The rest of the continent is largely unplayable.
Hint 2: Microsoft Exclusive, it's sequels however are not.

19 Hint: 7th installment in a long running series for the PS3. Fans were happy that this game went back to the series norms, while the 6th installment was largely criticized.

BasilZero said:

I'm guessing my clues are tough? I'll add two more clues to each game then ;o

3. The game's narrative/script is poorly written and is a complaint often mentioned by reviewers
4. The most recent release of the franchise that this game is associated with had become both a mobile and a MMO
5. This game was released only on Nintendo consoles but its sequels came out on Playstation consoles and PC.

Secret of Mana.

BasilZero said:

I'll give you guys 3 more sets of clues

6. The main protagonist can turn into a dragon
7. This game was released on two different platforms (excluding digital re-releases)
8. This game is the last game of its series to be exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Breath of Fire 2. :(

Around the Network

Hint 18, and an unusual game.

This was a copy of a popular game made by Konami of all people from Korea. This is basically the same, but uses all the other spaces Konami's does not...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Farsala said:

20 Hint: Game is set on only a large island of its namesake continent. The rest of the continent is largely unplayable.

19 Hint: 7th installment in a long running series for the PS3. Fans were happy that this game went back to the series norms, while the 6th installment was largely criticized.

#20: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

#19: I want to say Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, but it isn't the 7th installment. I guess A Crack in Time could also fit, given that QfB strayed a bit from the series norms, and ACiT is the 7th installment. So my guess is A Crack in Time.

Teeqoz said:
Farsala said:

#20: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

#19: I want to say Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, but it isn't the 7th installment. I guess A Crack in Time could also fit, given that QfB strayed a bit from the series norms, and ACiT is the 7th installment. So my guess is A Crack in Time.

20 is correct.

19 I meant to say its Multiplat, but most fans are on PS3. It is a japanese action game.

Farsala said:

Resident Evil Revelations?

Player2 said:
Farsala said:

Resident Evil Revelations?

No, I shall give another hint now.

19 Hint 2: Although 7 is in the name, there are over 50 games in the franchise, and about 27 in this particular segment. The most popular of them.