By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

S.Peelman said:
Alright, a third hint. If only because otherwise this what sound like a good ad would be incomplete. Anyway, hint 3;

Choose one of the three families, and take the golden Eagle to every corner of the known world!

Hint 2: Of course that last bit is metaphorical as the player doesn't physically do that in person, but after you've shouted "Senatus Populesque Romanus" at the screen towards many factions of Barbarians, you can turn your armies towards the other two families and the Senate itself to seize the throne as Imperator.

Hint 3: So, will you pick the Julii, and conquer the Gauls in the west, will you be the head of the Scipio family, and conquer the Carthaginians to the south, or will you be one of the Brutii, and conquer the eastern peoples? And after that, Rome itself!

Rome Total War, I would have gotten it from the first hint if I read it lol. Speaking of which....

23 Hint: Choose a medieval faction and start to conquer the world, but beware of ridiculous chain civil wars!

22 Hint: Should you decide to go east you can have rich cities, and trading bonuses. Going north and west makes for some weak enemies for fast conquering. And going south makes for quite the journey should the enemies attack. Going on Very Hard difficulty makes your allies very strong, or are they allies?

Around the Network
Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:
Alright, a third hint. If only because otherwise this what sound like a good ad would be incomplete. Anyway, hint 3;

(Cool story

Rome Total War, I would have gotten it from the first hint if I read it lol. Speaking of which....

23 Hint: Choose a medieval faction and start to conquer the world, but beware of ridiculous chain civil wars!

22 Hint: Should you decide to go east you can have rich cities, and trading bonuses. Going north and west makes for some weak enemies for fast conquering. And going south makes for quite the journey should the enemies attack. Going on Very Hard difficulty makes your allies very strong, or are they allies?

Lol. And here I was making up a whole story!

You are correct of course.

Your #23 is the first Medieval: Total War right? Never played it, seen videos, but loved the second one. I have Rome and Empire in my list though, figured I didn't want to give the series a third spot. I feel like I could also know your #22, but I'm going to have to think on that one.

S.Peelman said:
Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

(Cool story

Lol. And here I was making up a whole story!

You are correct of course.

Your #23 is the first Medieval: Total War right? Never played it, seen videos, but loved the second one. I have Rome and Empire in my list though, figured I didn't want to give the series a third spot. I feel like I could also know your #22, but I'm going to have to think on that one.

Correct. Medieval Total War on the hardest difficulty was quite the feat as the Holy Roman Empire, everyone is disloyal and the Cival Wars as I say are ridiculous. You choose between 2 sides, and take what you can get, but if you change sides, everyone might be even more disloyal and start yet another civil war. And it is all instantaneous unlike Rome.

No need to think on 22, unless you joking. Hint 2: It is funny that we have it in the same spot in our lists.

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Tekken 5

No.

That means yes.

I'm guessing Tekken 4 is not on your list. I personally thought it was a weak entry in the series.

Signature goes here!

Teeqoz said:
Teeqoz said:

#22: You steal back your family riches, but you have to make a lot of new friends (some of them previous enemies) on the way. cel-shaded

Anyone?

Okay, Imma give another hint: This game is the third game in the series. The fourth game in the series came out in 2013, 8 years after the third.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Teeqoz said:

Anyone?

Okay, Imma give another hint: This game is the third game in the series. The fourth game in the series came out in 2013, 8 years after the third.

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Teeqoz said:

Yes! It was weirdly enough the first Sly I played, and one of the first games I got for my PS2. I was an instant fan. The funny part is, more often than not, I would just sit and watch my older sister play, but whenever she got stuck I helped her out of it (though to this day she still refuses to admit that fact ). Overall, Sly Cooper is just such an incredibly charming and fun series and any fans of 3D platformers owe it to themselves to play them.

Teeqoz said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yes! It was weirdly enough the first Sly I played, and one of the first games I got for my PS2. I was an instant fan. The funny part is, more often than not, I would just sit and watch my older sister play, but whenever she got stuck I helped her out of it (though to this day she still refuses to admit that fact ). Overall, Sly Cooper is just such an incredibly charming and fun series and any fans of 3D platformers owe it to themselves to play them.

I should try it out. My only contact with Sly was in PSASBR and damn was he annoying to fight against!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Teeqoz said:

I should try it out. My only contact with Sly was in PSASBR and damn was he annoying to fight against!

You really should! While I wasn't a fan of Sly 1 when I played it much later (like I said, I started on 3, and then played 2 later on, didn't play the first til I got the HD collection for the PS3 ) all the other games in the series are a blast.

Farsala said:

No need to think on 22, unless you joking. Hint 2: It is funny that we have it in the same spot in our lists.

I have been wanting to play the first M:TW, someday.

And yeah lol #22, though I gotta admit I didn't even see it at first XD