By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I HOPE Nintendo NX doesn't have a stupid gimmick...

What do you think Nintendo should do?

Stop making gimmicks 6 20.00%

Continue making gimmicks 9 30.00%

They can keep the gimmick... 10 33.33%

I don't care 5 16.67%

Total:30

Nintendo has their ANNOYING gimmicks on their consoles and handhelds, and I'M SICK OF THEM. It's really hard on Zelda gamers alot. On the DS we were FORCED to use the stupid touchscreen when Nintendo was all into "TOUCH into a different dimension" crap, I didn't buy ANY Zelda games for DS because of this. With the Wii,  we were FORCED to use stupid annoying Motion Controls on Skyward Sword (which I never finished because of motion controls).  I played Ocarina of Time 3D without the 3D effect PERFECTLY and I LOVED it. Wind Waker HD was AMAZING because I played it with just a normal controller. If NX comes out with a plain old Console and Controller THAT WOULD BE HEAVEN! FINALLY, A GOOD PLAIN NINTENDO CONSOLE. I know there's rumors about the NX being a handheld and console at the same time, but those are just rumors, nothing is confirmed here. Do you agree with me that Nintendo should quit the stupid gimmicks?

Around the Network

No thanks. I'd rather have new ideas (good or not so good) than playing the same old thing.

WW HD plays much better with the gamepad than with a traditional controller.

/thread

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
WW HD plays much better with the gamepad than with a traditional controller.

/thread

Indeed, but wish they condensed the gamepad a little.

So you're saying you want the PlayStation 2+3 to stomp the GameCube 2?

I'd rather have a handheld that pushes console sales.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Eh I feel at certain times the gimmicks that Nintendo does can be quite great. Their handhelds having dual screens (with a touchscreen) straight up changed how I played handhelds and the GamePad (while not the greatest) has its moments as well. Specifically in Super Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors in my opinion.

I don't want a stupid gimmick either......I want it to have a cool gimmick.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think they should make their gimmicks more of an option like they did with the 3D effect for the 3DS.

if there is a gimmick, I won't care unless it causes the system to be less capable---hardware-wise---than the competition. I had a blast with Skyward Sword's motion controls but I guess it is not for everyone. Still, I think a traditional controller option should always be available.

That being said, I have no idea regarding the outcome of NX. I hope it is great and interesting, though

Hi

Nintendo owes its most profitable era to gimmicks. I think they should continue them because they're usually different and usually end up setting standards for years to come. However, the future Nintendo...Post Iwata...should be gimmick free or optional. Gamers are fed up with Nintendo not wanting to be a real gaming system and the gimmicks are usually the reason why. Me, personally, I LOVE the gimmicks because they're novel. But, if Nintendo wants to do any damage and rake in cash for the remainder of the 8th and well into the 9th generation, they need to bring their A game. Gimmicks or not.