By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Generation of Delay

It was pretty bad last gen as well, I mean, just look at Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Devs really need to stop announcing things really early.

Nintendo has thus far been the worst for this (looking at you xenoblade X), but all devs are either announcing early and rushing the game, or announcing early and delaying like crazy.

The best remedy is to not announce a game early (fallout 4)

midrange said:

Nintendo has thus far been the worst for this (looking at you xenoblade X), but all devs are either announcing early and rushing the game, or announcing early and delaying like crazy.

VERY few games could do that and get away with it in the marketplace

rolltide101x said:
midrange said:

VERY few games could do that and get away with it in the marketplace

Why? Nothing forces a dev to actually annonuce a game early in development, unless of course you plan to do open beta, but that is not as early as some of the games that have yet to come out (Xenoblade, the division, Zelda U)

Between delays and broken-ass games, I'll take delays.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

It started when people stopped making threads about late chartz.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's annoying and all... but can we do besides complain? Do you own stocks?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Games take longer to make. That's really the gist of it. Plus companies want to sell you a product as soon as humanly possible, so they will get people hyped up with a release window or hold the carrot on the string in front of you hoping that something good comes from it.

Games are taking longer to make as many have said but I also believe that these days publishers and some devs aren't very keen on taking risks like they used to in the old days. Now publishers and devs simply announce or tease a game or concept to gouge public interest to see if it's more than viable for them to bother with creating, once they garner enough they start work on the project. Also noticed that when they do work on the project they keep on teasing you with it for a number of months to years which for some ends up killing the initial hype and sometimes they even come out as duds.

I prefer it when there was full on research into what we wanted from the different areas of the industry, where they created new games without having to constantly ask us what we want and made the games in secret for as long as possible rather than announcing the game before they've even hit the design or concept stages, I feel these days the hype I have for some games is killed if I know what they are making and I won't be able to play it for 2+ years while they continue to dangle that carrot in front of me while also asking for pre-orders, season passes, planned DLC to fork over more money before we even know what the final result is.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

never bothered me tbh.

Hunting Season is done...