By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you say that Nintendos deep dive into DLC this gen has been "Classy"?

Some are great, some are too expensive (looking at you, Fire Emblem DLC). Because the only DLC I'm interested is the FE ones, I don't like their approach.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

they have been extremely reasonable when you compare them to other gaming companies

I mean for god's sake there are a few games from other developers that have like a 1000$ of combined downloadable paid content- what the hell? also there are games in which paying for DLC gives players advantages or BETTER items in game

things like that are terrible

Nintendo has been pretty good, generally just DLC for either great extra content that was clearly developed AFTER the game was released OR DLC that is for using new characters or essentially skins

its the companies that cut off half the game that was made PRIOR to release to sell for more that are the problem, or that make readily available game boosting abilities for money. especially when we're talking 60$ game purchases with all of this extra tacked on stuff that should have been there originally

Nintendo has been smart not to get lost in that madness yet

No, but it's funny when you think back to all the Nintendo fans talking ish about DLC during the 360/PS3 era.

You forgot about amiibo DLC.
With that in mind, terrible.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo makes a nice swan dive with Mario Kart 8, 9/10, followed by nice butterfly strokes with Splatoon, free Hyrule Warriors dlc, and Mario Maker, and then belly flops with Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, and priced Hyrule Warriors dlc. o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Nothing classy about on disk dlc that you can only unlock by buying a £12 piece of plastic. makes Capcom look saintly.

Xenostar said:
Nothing classy about on disk dlc that you can only unlock by buying a £12 piece of plastic. makes Capcom look saintly.

But..but...we bought only for the figurine!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Xenostar said:

But..but...we bought only for the figurine!

Hey, you're right! I did buy them for the figurines!!! : D They look so cool on the shelves, and are kinda fun to play with... x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Nintendo makes a nice swan dive with Mario Kart 8, 9/10, followed by nice butterfly strokes with Splatoon, free Hyrule Warriors dlc, and Mario Maker, and then belly flops with Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, and priced Hyrule Warriors dlc. o:

You're kidding, right? The paid HW DLC basically added about three times the content for about 40% of the price of the original game. You're really calling that a "belly flop"?

Aielyn said:
Cloudman said:

You're kidding, right? The paid HW DLC basically added about three times the content for about 40% of the price of the original game. You're really calling that a "belly flop"?

It does provide a lot of content, but it's just too much for me. Sorry, I am kinda cheap...

Dance my pretties!