By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

My predictions for the month :

Ps4 at 1.28 million.
Xone at 0.84
WiiU at 0.320

So basically, a 400k gap between ps4 and Xone.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

There's something definitely wrong there. Why on earth would people buy the far more expensive XB1 bundles above the $300 Nathan Drake Bundle? Are Walmart patrons a completely different species from your normal Black Friday consumers? Now I think about it, haven't we had this conversation before? I seem to recall they're best sellers list being questioned before. It seems to me more to do with trying to push certain products than actually being representative of sales.

Now I've just typed that I distinctly remember this conversation. I think it was on GAF last year.

LOL. People are confused.

Walmart Best Seller is simply a sorting function not an actual list. Notice there are no ranks. Walmart categorizes certain product as "Best Seller". If you select best seller it simply moves  that label to the top.

Best Seller does not mean "The Best Seller" either. For one, it has 2 of the SKUs for XB1 as "Best Seller" which is imposible if they literally mean "The Best Seller".

Online space is not so different than brick and mortar retail. In traditional retailer vendors  can pay for prime position which could help them gain more sales. The same happens in online space. MS Marketing could pay a premium to make sure their product shows 1st when someone clicks in.

I prefer sites like Amazon which use your purchase history and other products you have viewed to generate what is shown 1st.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

TheRuber said:
Legacy said:

This is funny because when I search the same location it has 3 pages of the Gears bundle in stock.

he was searching the white bundle obvious trying to bend the information to create a picture that is no true. Notice how his picture conviently crops that out.

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
TheRuber said:
Legacy said:

This is funny because when I search the same location it has 3 pages of the Gears bundle in stock.

he was searching the white bundle obvious trying to bend the information to create a picture that is no true. Notice how his picture conviently crops that out.

Yeah I noticed that lol then he took a pic with his phone instead of a screenshot.

SWORDF1SH said:
I think PS4 had a 200k lead going into BF so I'm still sticking with 300k+ ps4 win.

I put together a spreadsheet to account for these parameters and variables: PS4/X1 with 55/45 and 50/50 BF splits, PS$ with total preorders of 100 and 200K units, BF accounting for 50% of each consoles November sales, and PS4 selling 750K and 550K units on BF.

The gap results turned up in PS4's favor as 472K, 300K, 200K, and 100K, with an average of 268K for November.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
The monthlies have been updated again:

PS4 NDC bundle (phys. copy): #1 (↑4)
XBO Gears bundle: #11 (↑8)
PS4 Star Wars basic bundle: #15 (—)
PS4 COD bundle: #24 (↓2)
PS4 NDC bundle: #27 (↓3)
XBO Fallout 4 bundle: #31 (↓4)
XBO 1TB Holiday bundle: #36 (↑13)
PS4 Star Wars LE bundle: #39 (↓8)
3DS XL Mario bundle: #76 (↑1)

Also, after checking them out of curiosity, the yearlies have been updated again as well. The PS4 NDC!disc bundle is already at #28 and is the top-selling hardware SKU of the year. The XBO Gears bundle is now on the yearly charts as well, but it's way down at #72.

seeing that the XB1 had a bigger jump this update than the last update makes me believe that the last update might have been late on BF without Sat or Sun sales. Of course now NDC is in number we can only speculate at the gap.

But consider this. It pas the DS4. The DS4 had been top 5 all month and has been number 2 this entire run with NDC at the top. The gap between 1 and 2 must have been pretty huge for the NDC bundle to make up all the sales the DS4 had 1-25 NOV+what it did during BF.

psn- tokila

BraLoD said:

Uncharted 4 got into the top 100, with no price incentive at all.

Not true.

Theres a 15% preorder sale right now for Cyber Monday. It got me to preorder Horizon and Uncharted 4. I tried to preorder FFVIIR too, but that one didn't qualify for the sale.

Update – 2015-11-30

"Due to popular demand, we’ve augmented the post to include a breakdown by major gaming console.

At Target and Walmart, the Xbox One + Gears of War bundle barely outsold its rival PS4 + Uncharted Bundle. Yet, strong PS4 sales at Amazon.com and other retailers were enough to edge out the Xbox One for top sales this Black Friday season".

http://blog.infoscout.co/games-trump-console-sales-this-black-friday/

guys they already gave an update or a better explanation to the result. ps4 ended up selling better but it was pretty close according to them.

Angelv577 said:
Update – 2015-11-30

"Due to popular demand, we’ve augmented the post to include a breakdown by major gaming console.

At Target and Walmart, the Xbox One + Gears of War bundle barely outsold its rival PS4 + Uncharted Bundle. Yet, strong PS4 sales at Amazon.com and other retailers were enough to edge out the Xbox One for top sales this Black Friday season".

guys they already gave an update or a better explanation to the result. ps4 ended up selling better but it was pretty close according to them.

there is no way to determine of they have a representative sample. once they have several years of seeing trends they may be albe to use this to extrapolate some usuable data. As for now its as relable as a poll on foxnews.com asking who would make a better president Trump or Hilary.

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
Angelv577 said:
Update – 2015-11-30

there is no way to determine of they have a representative sample. once they have several years of seeing trends they may be albe to use this to extrapolate some usuable data. As for now its as relable as a poll on foxnews.com asking who would make a better president Trump or Hilary.

I agree but at least it is more data that suggest it was a pretty close race and whoever won it, it wasn't by much.