By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

celador said:
Sony should just stay at $299 now. They would be back in profit when most people buy PS Plus/ another game/ another controller anway. They could have a massive December at that price.

If they go with the $299 price it will be for the PS4 standalone. They need to keep some leverage for deals in the future because if they don't they'll find themselves in the same situation Microsoft did last year.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

$350 is probably going to stay until next holiday. It will sell fine and they have a lot of big exclusives next year to push it.

Roronaa_chan said:
X1Gates said:
with gears on the tail of uncharted (Amazon) and stocks selling out in many shops across the US, November NPD is going to be a close one to call IMO. Few people predicting 200-300k difference are going to be pretty disappointed when all is said and done.

A whole month of sales at #19 versus a couple of days of sales at #5 (monthlies) isn't "on the tail". That gap between 1 and 5 in the hourlies was bigger than the Pacific.

We have to also take into considerations other retails, Amazon is not the only place selling consoles. Rumour has it the xbox one killed in at Target.

X1Gates said:
Roronaa_chan said:

A whole month of sales at #19 versus a couple of days of sales at #5 (monthlies) isn't "on the tail". That gap between 1 and 5 in the hourlies was bigger than the Pacific.

We have to also take into considerations other retails, Amazon is not the only place selling consoles. Rumour has it the xbox one killed in at Target.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/wii_u_named_as_the_top_selling_item_on_target_com_in_black_friday_sales

Yeeeeaaahhh, no.

X1Gates said:

Yes, of course and nothing is set in stone. What you have to realise it that the only time the console that lead on Amazon still lost is when pre-orders were involved. So last month when the XB1 won by 28k, it was clearly the two months of Halo pre-orders that tipped the ballance. This month the PS4 has been in the lead easily for 3 weeks, has been in the lead for that last week AND has been at number 1 for an unpresedented 4 days. An indication of how much better it sold because of being at number one is born out by the fact it's shot up to #5 in the monthlies. Now add to that the fact pre-orders for the Black Ops 3 (two months prior to this month) and Star Wars (three months prior to this month) are WITH the flow of sales and not against it as it was last month. It just seems against all the known data to call it even close.

If you are right, and I very much doubt it, we can only put your assessment of the data down to wishful thinking. In fact I'd say you can't possibly be assessing the data in any meaningful way and are in fact ignoring it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#06 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 4)
#29 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 5)
#66 WU Mario Kart Bundle (up 1)
#72 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 6)
#82 3DS Mario Land Bundle (down 3)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:

Gears Bundle ($300)
Halo Bundle ($450)
Kinect + Three Games ($456)
Three Games Bundle ($350)

PS4 Deals:

Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake + Star Wars ($359)
Nathan Drake + Fallout 4 ($359)

The PS5 Exists. 

AEGRO said:
X1Gates said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/wii_u_named_as_the_top_selling_item_on_target_com_in_black_friday_sales

Yeeeeaaahhh, no.

Nice.

GribbleGrunger said:
X1Gates said:

Yes, of course and nothing is set in stone. What you have to realise it that the only time the console that lead on Amazon still lost is when pre-orders were involved. So last month when the XB1 won by 28k, it was clearly the two months of Halo pre-orders that tipped the ballance. This month the PS4 has been in the lead easily for 3 weeks, has been in the lead for that last week AND has been at number 1 for an unpresedented 4 days. An indication of how much better it sold because of being at number one is born out by the fact it's shot up to #5 in the monthlies. Now add to that the fact pre-orders for the Black Ops 3 (two months prior to this month) and Star Wars (three months prior to this month) are WITH the flow of sales and not against it as it was last month. It just seems against all the known data to call it even close.

If you are right, and I very much doubt it, we can only put your assessment of the data down to wishful thinking. In fact I'd say you can't possibly be assessing the data in any meaningful way and are in fact ignoring it.

You could be right, we will have to wait for npd and see what the damage is. 

X1Gates said:

You could be right, we will have to wait for npd and see what the damage is. 

All I can say is I'm more than likely right but the fun is in calling it and not sitting on the fence. I still stand by my 300k - 350k gap prediction in favour of the PS4. I reckon with preorders and great sales this month, the PS4 was already around 150k - 200k and Black Friday will add the rest.

The PS5 Exists. 

I think ps4 wins by at least 400k. Will be closer in December because I feel MS will just decide to keep BF prices for the rest of the year to clear all the left over bundles.