By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a thread for video game themed pumpkins? Here's my Yoshi's Wooly World one. (18 total)

http://youtu.be/c2_RHQNq4bg

Hey everyone one and Happy Halloween! Carving video game themed pumpkins is a bit of a tradition of mine (this year marks my 18th consecutive one doing so) and I just wanted to share with you my latest effort: Yoshi's Wooly World.

If someone could embed the video, that'd be awesome.

I'll be adding pictures soon, too, but in the meantime, if you'd like to see my other 17 video game themed pumpkins from the past, you could look here: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/#category/special-projects/447 since there're too many to post.   Hah.

Thanks for your feedback!

Around the Network
Machina said:
Looks pretty good. Hopefully others post theirs in here too - I'm interested to see what people came up with.

I carved my first ever pumpkin yesterday - just did a simple ghost character. Afterwards I kinda kicked myself for not being more ambitious and trying to make a video game one (I expected it to be harder to do than it actually was).

Next year I'll definitely make a video game themed one.

Thank you and hey, a ghost is a good start. Now a Boo would classify as both a ghost and a video game character!  I use to draw my lines out but for the last several years I've just started carving.  That's what I did with this one.  I don't know if you have the time to look at all of the ones I did, lol...cuz there are a lot, but if you do and like one more than the rest, I'd be happy to hear what was your favorite.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2016.

Has anyone else here made a video game themed pumpkin in the past or one for 2015?

Not bad a Yoshi Yarn pumpkin x ) It looks cute.

I remember I used to make pumpkin carvings around this time of year. Now though I've been busy drawing things, haha... Maybe other have carved something too?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Pretty good pumpkin!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pretty good pumpkin!

Thank you!

Cloudman said:
Not bad a Yoshi Yarn pumpkin x ) It looks cute.

I remember I used to make pumpkin carvings around this time of year. Now though I've been busy drawing things, haha... Maybe other have carved something too?

Thanks a lot.  I hope others share their works, too!

spurgeonryan said:
I have been here for 20 years and this is the first pumpkin themed thread. Mine is just a smiley face.

Nothing wrong with a smiley face!  I'm a little surprised that no one has put up any video game themed pumpkin pics, though.  Then again...a lot of people do a lot more than just surf the web on Halloween.  Heh, I had fun today with my wife and 11 month old.  We dressed up as Jonathan and Martha Kent and staged us finding a Baby Superman in a ship in the back yard.  Then we took pics of the three of us as Superman/Supergirl/Superboy which was cool.  I did my annual pumpkin, went trick or treating, etc.  Fun day.

Did you by any chance see any of my older pumpkins?

Very nice

dukerx2 said:
Very nice

Thanks a lot!

spurgeonryan said:
I made a haunted house in my front yard, but the constant rain basically ruined it and it only got 3 visitors. Usually our house gets ahuge crowds all day. This was a very disappointing year.

Ah that sucks.  The best thing is when you get a bunch of people that come by and give your work some ooh's and aah's, especially if you put good effort into it.  Did you take pics?