By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Valentino's kick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgJbity4t8

For anyone who doesn't know, World Champion Valentino Rossi kicked Marc Márquez's bike during today's Sepang race. Marc had no injuries whatsoever, but his bike broke completely. The link posted is the moment where Valentino pushed Marc's bike with a kick, which completely dropped him out of the race.

As far as we know right now, Valentino was sanction with a deduction of three points, which is a rather weak punishment (in general) for such action, which I think has little precedent in the history of MotoGP.

For anyone who saw it, what was your reaction? Was it justified? Did Valentino lose it?

Around the Network

Thats a classic example of a total lack of sport ethic and sportsmanship.I dont know how rules exactly work in cases like this, and i dont follow sports in general, but if it was up to me, i would suspend him from the season(in case the MotoGP has seasons), or something in the veins of that

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wouldn't forfeiting the race and a suspension be more appropriate for that?

Aeolus451 said:
Wouldn't forfeiting the race and a suspension be more appropriate for that?

It's being talked, but for now, it's only a three-point deduction.

Oh God... I've never liked Valentino Rossi, he's always been praised when he didn't win anything and now that he (finally) races decently people praise him even more here in Italy... guess they all forgot the dozzens of lawsuits he received in recent years for tax evasion...

Around the Network

An unsportsmanlike Italian? Now I've seen everything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Totally justified, Marc's bike was too close to Rossi's to take that turn (he should have slowed down) and had he not pushed him off they would have both fallen - I DO agree with the sanction of - 3 just because it looks bad and is potentially very dangerous but Rossi just thought of his safety first, something 90% of people would do, Marc should get the same (-3) for trying such a risky maneuver and also potentially harming another driver, and everyone should move on.

Wright, you should note that the three points deducted are not from the championship but from the driver's license (so to speak). And it's those three points plus another one that he got before that grants him the last place in the next race.

Now, when it comes to the incident, it's very clear that it's Rossi's fault, he is the one that slows down and looks for Marquez but not to try to make him fall, but to send him out of track so he could ride more "calmly" because Marquez was also doing weird things (he said that his tyres weren't warm enough so he was pushing hard in some sections but slowed down in others, which is what drove Rossi crazy) but since that is not against the rules, Race Direction hasn't taken actions against him.

And the kick... I don't know if Rossi kicked Marquez or not. I really don't know. The heli cam suggests that, but going with the cam you posted it looks like it's Marquez who hits Rossi's leg after he had no other place to go after Rossi closed the door, which is why they have sanctioned Rossi for "irresponsible riding causing a crash", not for throwing a rider off his bike.

At least, that's what Race direction has said: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/25/sepangclash-race-direction-verdict-on-rossi-marquez/188434

In any case, given that all the riders involved are ok, what I take from this incident is that Rossi, who is always messing with the other riders heads with comments like the ones we had since thursday, has shown that this time he has been the one that has fallen victim of his mind tricks, and that he is really desperate to win this championship because he knows that this is his last time to do it (he got lucky that Honda made a terrible bike this year and that Lorenzo had a bad start in the championship).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Luke888 said:

Oh God... I've never liked Valentino Rossi, he's always been praised when he didn't win anything and now that he (finally) races decently people praise him even more here in Italy... guess they all forgot the dozzens of lawsuits he received in recent years for tax evasion...

Wut? "Finally" races decently? I didn't follow the Moto GP for years (maybe even 10 years, I don't know), but before a lot of his competitors even rode a bike in competition, that guy was winning races and was the world champion so easily it wasn't even interesting to watch... 

Valentino Rossi is one of the greatest bikers of the last 10-15 years. You can hate him and he can be a jerk or even a tax evader, it doesn't erase that. He won his praises. 

EDIT: In 2001, world champion (500 cc), with 11 wins out of 16 races. World champion 5 times in a row  (2001-2005), and then twice again (2008-2009 ). "Finally" races decently.... 

Faelco said:
Luke888 said:

Wut? "Finally" races decently? I didn't follow the Moto GP for years (maybe even 10 years, I don't know), but before a lot of his competitors even rode a bike in competition, that guy was winning races and was the world champion so easily it wasn't even interesting to watch... 

Valentino Rossi is one of the greatest bikers of the last 10-15 years. You can hate him and he can be a jerk or even a tax evader, it doesn't erase that. He won his praises. 

EDIT: In 2001, world champion (500 cc), with 11 wins out of 16 races. "Finally" races decently.... 

I was talking about the last 5 or so years when he didn't win any GP but was praised even more than he used to when he won. If you look back in those years he didn't win almost anything... you can't really understand how much hyped people get about him in his country of origin but imho he didn't deserved what he got in the last years...