By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 goes gold! PC gamers: get ready to download part of the game

Zkuq said:

The thread title is slightly misleading. Most PC gamers are largely digital anyway, so most PC gamers are going to download the whole game. As for the smaller group that doesn't, yeah, that's a problem for them... Physical copies that need to be activated on some service are worthless anyway, and even much more so if the disc doesn't even contain all game content.

oodles2do said:
What's the point in there being a disc at all for PC if you have to download the whole thing from Steam with a key. And if you don't have a disc drive you can just use the key... so the disc is 100% pointless?

It's not the whole game, just a part of it.

On that recent Fallout article I got downvoted pretty hard for stating that most PC gamers download their games digitally, if we go directly via Steam, origin, Uplay, Battle.net, GoG, GMG and other vendors based online shows that there are far more who download their games than buying them physically, I mean stores basically limit themselves to how many PC physical copies they sell and limit the space in where they sell them seevrley compared to the area space consoles get. I visit to my local GAME UK store shows that one side is devoted to Sony, the other MS and two small middle stands with one for Nintendo games (one side for Wii U and the other 3DS) and the other stand for PC games.

At this point it;s just common knowledge that msot download digitally on PC, the platform was the first to basically adopt large scale digital downloads that consoles only just recentlt trying to adopt, this is why you don't ever see second hand copies because even with physical that wasn't an easy and legit thing to do and even then with digital downloads it's impossible but that's not really a bad thing.

I do know there are a number of gamers who don't have decent let alone amazing net but really those are folk who aren't in good siutations to begin with and are the minority in this case, especially when you're stuck with super lazy ISP's who don't budge or have no competition. I do try to symptheize with them but really if they have bad net then go for another ISP or petition or gather folk together to have them sorted out, problems like that never sort themselves out without some form of intervention.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"